Search Unity

Mesh Transformation

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Andrey_Graphics, Jul 4, 2018.

1. Andrey_Graphics

Andrey_Graphics

Mesh Transformation

With this tool, you can make animations such as transformation wolf man, zombie, mutant, turning a person into an animal, creating a dynamically mask in real time for a mutation or destruction of the body , or creating BlendShapes to change the physique of characters. Works in DX11, it is also necessary that on models "A" and "B" there are the same uv coordinates.

Mesh Transformation
    https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/#!/content/120144
    450e015e-d630-40a0-9dfd-6be88351dfff_orig.png 5bba5be1-3f28-43a0-94e9-4572f5d5bde1_orig.png db1adb4a-be7f-4ca0-a215-72d56fb85f6f_orig.png 75dbc43c-0091-4724-bc6d-609c69ae7dd2_orig.png 6d78b094-a99b-4f5a-84cb-8d6fc3f4ac70_orig.png 450e015e-d630-40a0-9dfd-6be88351dfff_orig.png

Last edited: Jul 11, 2018
    makaka-org, Threeyes and Neviah like this.
  2. Mortalyx

Mortalyx

Hi man!
    What about count of polygons? Is't fixed somehow in prefabs and models should be always highpoly, or it's up to me and depends on my models (that means i can use any models). The count of polygons in 'A' and 'B' models should also the same?

Thanks for reply! =)

3. Andrey_Graphics

Andrey_Graphics

Hi, highpoly is not necessary, with Lowpoly will work even better, the number of points can be different, but the position of points in uv should be the same.

4. MostHated

MostHated

I just picked this up and have not even tried it yet, but it seems like it will make for some awesome power up abilities, cut scenes, etc.

Andrey_Graphics likes this.
  5. Andrey_Graphics

Andrey_Graphics

Thanks! will soon be updated

MostHated likes this.
  6. Andrey_Graphics

Andrey_Graphics

Updated.

Improved match search;
    Shaders for mobile phones have been added;
    Fixed bugs.

View attachment 287828

Last edited: Jul 21, 2018
    fleximind likes this.
  7. Ghosthowl

Ghosthowl

I see you plan to update this for the SRP / HDRP - when could we expect that?

8. Andrey_Graphics

Andrey_Graphics

Hello, about a month or earlier if there is no problem with SRP

P_Jong and Ghosthowl like this.
  9. therewillbebrad

therewillbebrad

So could this in real time blow holes in my characters? Leg dismemberments etc?

10. Andrey_Graphics

Andrey_Graphics

Hello, Yes

11. therewillbebrad

therewillbebrad

That's awesome, and since it's just a mesh deformation the performance should scale well I assume.

12. twobob

twobob

to be honest I was rather hoping that this could morph between targets that dont share the exact same verts.
    Oh well.

13. Andrey_Graphics

Andrey_Graphics

Works if the number of vertexes is different but not too much, and the position of the vertexes by uv coordinates is the same.

14. twobob

twobob

Hi. let me be clearer.
    I am obviously very stupid but I was hoping to morph between targets with larger differences.
    My apologies if that wasn't clear.

Totally "user error"

"Просто потому, что я не могу полностью понять, как его использовать, это не значит, что это плохо."

Last edited: Sep 8, 2018
  15. recon0303

recon0303

So can you use your own characters with this? also it does support blend shapes? if I read that right. Thanks.

16. Andrey_Graphics

Andrey_Graphics

1) Yes;
    2) yes, can create BlendShapes

Last edited: Sep 16, 2018
  17. recon0303

recon0303

what about the first question?

18. Andrey_Graphics

Andrey_Graphics

Yes

19. Andrey_Graphics

Andrey_Graphics

Hello, shaders for LWRP have been added, you can already download from the asset store.

Last edited: May 25, 2020
    Ghosthowl, hippocoder and walter_j_r like this.
  20. lo-94

lo-94

So as far as setup goes for the shooting example you posted, what prep would be required on the model? Or is the destruction functionality just more of a raw mesh transformation than a blend?

21. Andrey_Graphics

Andrey_Graphics

Hello, you will need to make a model "B" from model "A" in any program, model "B" is a skeleton with meat, so to speak, but you need to make sure that UV does not change, you can also add UV2. In the video, I showed how it is done. When you load an asset, look at the models, what kind of UV they have and understand. The shooting example is exactly the same transformation, but only by a mask that is created in real time.

22. metaphysician

metaphysician

hi there - i purchased this awhile back but the demo does not seem to be working correctly, and the documentation is far too short to help decently. when i start the demo, it shows the red zombie model but if i use the Transformation slider nothing happens. if i look in the Scene view and look at the Human>body object, moving the Transformation slider just makes the other half of the body scale away, but nothing is crossfading between them. i'm in Unity 2017.4.10 on a Mac. i deleted the Meshes folder and nothing changed. assistance appreciated! at least a working demo scene would be nice as i'm pretty sure this one is not working right.

23. metaphysician

metaphysician

one more thing - if the demo scene is supposed to work similar to your video post on Sept 6th, it's definitely broken. if i click the mouse on the red zombie body nothing happens. i get a lot of errors of 'invalid 'info' file discovered, no metadata', and i also get a couple of messages similar to this:

'Assets/Transformation/ShadersAndScripts/TransformationMesh.cs(348,72): warning CS0429: Unreachable expression code detected'

none of these errors are show stoppers preventing playback, but i think something happened to your code and it's no longer working properly. note that in this case i started with a completely blank project to eliminate any possibility of issues with other packages.

24. Andrey_Graphics

Andrey_Graphics

Hello, the folder " Meshes " do not need to be removed, you need to delete the files inside the folder and then click on the "CalculateMesh" button in the script on the models, the script will create a new mesh inside the folder "Meshes".

Return the folder back, without it, nothing will happen.

I changed the documentation in version 2018.3.
    I will update the documentation for other versions soon.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2019
  25. metaphysician

metaphysician

okay - did a fresh install. clicked CalculateMesh button on all models. verified that meshes were re-created inside Meshes folder. still no change, although i can apparently remove the teeth and eye materials. but i cannot do anything to the body. on the Human, same situation - no transition to the other model.

on a hunch i decided to open your project up on my PC in Unity 2018.1.9 and that version worked perfectly - i could click on the zombie and damage it, as well as removing eyes and teeth. i also opened a copy of the same project on the PC in Unity 2017.3 and that worked correctly as well. so the problem appears to be Mac related. maybe it's my operating system (10.10 Yosemite)? maybe this is a DirectX 12 shader situation? curious why it doesn't work on my Mac. i even tried it under 2018.1 and had the same result (Unity 2018.2 or higher requires an update to the operating system but i haven't done it yet).

any help appreciated! at the moment it appears not to be able to run correctly on a macOS based computer, at least under 10.10.5 Yosemite. you did mention the DX 11 shaders, so my guess is that the demo can't work correctly without this or some kind of substitute on a Mac.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2019
  26. Andrey_Graphics

Andrey_Graphics

DX11 is needed for the shaders, and the script should work without dx11, dx12 is even better, I have checked on the version 2017.4.1f1, it's possible that the variable is empty, I had this in SkinnedMeshRenderer, in this version the mesh is lost for some reason, and with it, the script loses reference to the mesh to check whether the variables in the place I've marked in the screenshot.

As for the mac, I do not know, I have windows, I can not check, write me an email, send me this project with a problem after the mesh was created.
    I'll see if anything's broken.

industrialforest@mail.ua

upload_2019-1-9_9-46-27.png

27. andoo001

andoo001

I am getting the same error as metaphysician above, though im on a pc running 2018.3. when i open the demo scenes it throws up about 37 errors, and the LWRP demo cant load the shaders, so pink models. your videos are for a different version. in the videos you have a dropdown for more materials. As im using DAZ3d to create models, the uvs are the same, but there are about 16 uvs per model. (eg the 'body' mesh has seperate uvs for arms, legs, torso, face, head plus many more for eyes etc.) Daz3d is free to download, and im using genesis 8 models, so you might want to check it out yourself. any help would be appreciated.

28. Andrey_Graphics

Andrey_Graphics

Hello, can you upload your project with these models to my email for verification?

industrialforest@mail.ua

29. sordidlist

sordidlist

Hello - I have just tried the Mesh Transformation asset with the latest version of Unity and am encountering some very strange artifacts in the demo scene when I click on the zombie in the game view.

The mesh does transform but not the way it seems it's meant to. Have you happened to confirm whether it is compatible with 2019+? Thanks! Looking forward to using this cool looking asset!

30. Andrey_Graphics

Andrey_Graphics

Hello, apparently when importing deteriorate Mesh files, you need to click on the model and click "Calculate Mesh" to create geometry again

31. Rujash

Rujash

Hello,

I do not wish to leave a review yet, but I must mention for others this is not a clean install on latest LTS 2018.4, first impressions:
    upload_2020-4-22_20-20-56.png

Probably won't affect what I need it for, but I'll have to investigate to get rid of these errors.

32. Andrey_Graphics

Andrey_Graphics

Hello, thank you for writing, I will fix it now and make an update

twobob and Rujash like this.
  33. Duffer123

Duffer123

@Andrey_Graphics ,

Hi. One of the big draw backs with Character Creator 3 imported fbx character models is that whereas mouth/facial blendshapes are carried over, you cannot really carry over any of the amazing morphs that you can use in CC3.

So, I was wondering, if, for example, I imported a cc3+ average human male (A) and then I imported say a cc3+ very fat human male (B), could I create a (Normal/Fat) blendshape for imported character A. Could I create and apply to character A (using above) maybe more than one further blendshape in this manner?

34. Andrey_Graphics

Andrey_Graphics

Hi, the plugin can add several blendshapes in turn, you can add an unlimited number of blendshapes,there is a function for creating blendshapes, but this is not related to the transformation inside the Shader, the Shader only accepts 1 transformation

Duffer123 likes this.
  35. Duffer123

Duffer123

@Andrey_Graphics , Great. Thanks for coming back to me on this. I want to buy this asset but a little scared of how technically challenging it may be to create blendshapes using this asset. Is there a video tutorial on how to create blend shapes? Or some documentation? How do you add blendshapes? With a second but morphed fbx? With a different shader?

Last edited: Nov 27, 2020
  36. Andrey_Graphics

Andrey_Graphics

Everything is the same as in other videos on the asset store page, just click on the check mark and write the name of the new layer.
    If something goes wrong I can give you a refund
    upload_2020-11-28_6-46-49.png upload_2020-11-28_6-47-58.png

twobob and Duffer123 like this.
  37. Duffer123

Duffer123

@Andrey_Graphics , Excellent - thank you so much for responding so quickly. I have purchased the asset...

Andrey_Graphics likes this.
  38. Duffer123

Duffer123

@Andrey_Graphics - you perhaps don't realise just how amazing your asset is if it can take two related meshes imported from Character Creator 3 and and create a blendshape from them - that gives CC3 users a workflow to create BODY blendshapes from CC3 (rather than just facial ones) which, to the CC3/Unity community, is the proverbial Holy Grail. Fingers crossed on that... ;)

39. Andrey_Graphics

Andrey_Graphics

I don't know, I don't use Character Creator 3

Duffer123 likes this.
  40. WizzleOfOZ

WizzleOfOZ

I am wondering will this be updated for hdrp?

41. Andrey_Graphics

Andrey_Graphics

Most likely Yes, next year

42. crafTDev

crafTDev

Hello,

I just bought this and received error when I hit CalculateMesh. I sent email with more description. Please respond!

Thanks,
    jrDev

43. Andrey_Graphics

Andrey_Graphics

Hello, I found a letter, I'll deal with it now

crafTDev likes this.
  44. bajakestudios

bajakestudios

Hello , I had purchased this product, I have imported the project in Unity Ver 2020.3.15. The demo scene is working perfectly. The only issue i am facing while importing while my own character in the project. I did all the settings correctly as per the demo chars. But while transformation, everything gets distorted. Kindly help Screenshot 2021-08-12 at 6.55.01 PM.png

45. Andrey_Graphics

Andrey_Graphics

Hello, send me the models by mail, I will check what is wrong or the project, probably something is wrong with the bones or with the UV, they should be the same.
    industrialforest@mail.ua

twobob likes this.
  46. FiveFingerStudios

FiveFingerStudios

Curious....how is the performance for making meshes take damage? I'm looking into possibly using this for VR game on the Oculus Quest.

47. Andrey_Graphics

Andrey_Graphics

I warn you right away that this feature with damages
    does not work with SkinnedMeshRenderer, only MeshRenderer, works fast enough, especially if the number of polygons is not large for the model.

But I didn't test it myself in a VR game, but it worked fine in mobile phones.

48. Ghosthowl

Ghosthowl

Any word for HDRP?

49. Andrey_Graphics

Andrey_Graphics

The shader does not work with HDRP, but a script does work that can add blendshape layers, no matter what kind of render pipeline you have

50. Denon-BR

Denon-BR

Hi @Andrey_Graphics !!

I'm looking to aquire your asset but I need a confirmation first. Does It work well with HDRP projects? I'm trying to archive Mystic-like(X-men movies) transformation

I really appreciate your help!