Search Unity

1. The Unity Pro & Visual Studio Professional Bundle gives you the tools you need to develop faster & collaborate more efficiently. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Improved Prefab workflow (includes Nested Prefabs!), 2D isometric Tilemap and more! Get the 2018.3 Beta now.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Want more efficiency in your development work? Sign up to receive weekly tech and creative know-how from Unity experts.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Participate with students all over the world and build projects to teach people. Join now!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Build games and experiences that can load instantly and without install. Explore the Project Tiny Preview today!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Improve your Unity skills with a certified instructor in a private, interactive classroom. Watch the overview now.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Want to see the most recent patch releases? Take a peek at the patch release page.
    Dismiss Notice

Mesh Transformation

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Andrey_Graphics, Jul 4, 2018.

1. Andrey_Graphics

Andrey_Graphics

Mesh Transformation

With this tool, you can make animations such as transformation wolf man, zombie, mutant, turning a person into an animal, creating a dynamically mask in real time for a mutation or destruction of the body , or creating BlendShapes to change the physique of characters. Works in DX11, it is also necessary that on models "A" and "B" there are the same uv coordinates.

Mesh Transformation
    https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/#!/content/120144
    450e015e-d630-40a0-9dfd-6be88351dfff_orig.png 5bba5be1-3f28-43a0-94e9-4572f5d5bde1_orig.png db1adb4a-be7f-4ca0-a215-72d56fb85f6f_orig.png 75dbc43c-0091-4724-bc6d-609c69ae7dd2_orig.png 6d78b094-a99b-4f5a-84cb-8d6fc3f4ac70_orig.png 450e015e-d630-40a0-9dfd-6be88351dfff_orig.png

Last edited: Jul 11, 2018
    Neviah likes this.
  2. Mortalyx

Mortalyx

Hi man!
    What about count of polygons? Is't fixed somehow in prefabs and models should be always highpoly, or it's up to me and depends on my models (that means i can use any models). The count of polygons in 'A' and 'B' models should also the same?

Thanks for reply! =)

3. Andrey_Graphics

Andrey_Graphics

Hi, highpoly is not necessary, with Lowpoly will work even better, the number of points can be different, but the position of points in uv should be the same.

4. MostHated

MostHated

I just picked this up and have not even tried it yet, but it seems like it will make for some awesome power up abilities, cut scenes, etc.

Andrey_Graphics likes this.
  5. Andrey_Graphics

Andrey_Graphics

Thanks! will soon be updated

MostHated likes this.
  6. Andrey_Graphics

Andrey_Graphics

Updated.

Improved match search;
    Shaders for mobile phones have been added;
    Fixed bugs.

View attachment 287828

Last edited: Jul 21, 2018
  7. Ghosthowl

Ghosthowl

I see you plan to update this for the SRP / HDRP - when could we expect that?

8. Andrey_Graphics

Andrey_Graphics

Hello, about a month or earlier if there is no problem with SRP

P_Jong and Ghosthowl like this.
  9. therewillbebrad

therewillbebrad

So could this in real time blow holes in my characters? Leg dismemberments etc?

10. Andrey_Graphics

Andrey_Graphics

Hello, Yes

11. therewillbebrad

therewillbebrad

That's awesome, and since it's just a mesh deformation the performance should scale well I assume.

12. twobob

twobob

to be honest I was rather hoping that this could morph between targets that dont share the exact same verts.
    Oh well.

13. Andrey_Graphics

Andrey_Graphics

Works if the number of vertexes is different but not too much, and the position of the vertexes by uv coordinates is the same.

14. twobob

twobob

Hi. let me be clearer.
    I am obviously very stupid but I was hoping to morph between targets with larger differences.
    My apologies if that wasn't clear.

Totally "user error"

"Просто потому, что я не могу полностью понять, как его использовать, это не значит, что это плохо."

Last edited: Sep 8, 2018
  15. recon0303

recon0303

So can you use your own characters with this? also it does support blend shapes? if I read that right. Thanks.

16. Andrey_Graphics

Andrey_Graphics

1) Yes;
    2) yes, can create BlendShapes

Last edited: Sep 16, 2018
  17. recon0303

recon0303

what about the first question?

18. Andrey_Graphics

Andrey_Graphics

Yes

19. Andrey_Graphics

Andrey_Graphics

Hello, shaders for LWRP and HDRP have been added, you can already download from the asset store.
    HDRP shaders need Unity 2018.2 or higher and HDRP 3.0 or higher

Ghosthowl, hippocoder and walter_j_r like this.
  20. DespairBear

DespairBear

So as far as setup goes for the shooting example you posted, what prep would be required on the model? Or is the destruction functionality just more of a raw mesh transformation than a blend?

21. Andrey_Graphics

Andrey_Graphics

Hello, you will need to make a model "B" from model "A" in any program, model "B" is a skeleton with meat, so to speak, but you need to make sure that UV does not change, you can also add UV2. In the video, I showed how it is done. When you load an asset, look at the models, what kind of UV they have and understand. The shooting example is exactly the same transformation, but only by a mask that is created in real time.