Search Unity

Mesh Simplify - Quickly reduce polygon count on your 3D models

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by UGTools, Aug 11, 2015.

1. MoribitoMT

MoribitoMT

I love this tool, just one complain..

Z fighting.. It should some kind of checkbox ( Prevent Z fighting ) than detects vertecies/edges/face overlap and move it front like 0.001f to prevent Z fighting.. or user can define how much put further..

2. Chaz32621

Chaz32621

This does not work well with prefabs at all.

But hasnt been updated in over a year so should have expected this.

3. desta

desta

Hi, can i reduce size file when i reduce mesh my 3d models? so i can save my size apk and memory.
    i think this is a great tools for game 3d

thanks.

4. GXMark

GXMark

i want to run the Mesh Simplify without coroutines
    Is there a way i can call Mesh Simplify with a single method call and return a simplified mesh ?

5. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Hi!

Is there a way to save the result? I'm attempting to simplify the mesh before doing another process from another asset, but the 2nd process seems to take the original mesh, rather than the reduced value. I'd like to "Save" that reduced mesh.

6. mbhagat

mbhagat

I am getting below error.

Assets/Ultimate Game Tools/MeshSimplify/Scripts/Simplifier.cs(593,17): error CS0619: `UnityEngine.Mesh.Optimize()' is obsolete: `This method is no longer supported (UnityUpgradable)'

Assets/Ultimate Game Tools/MeshSimplify/Scripts/Simplifier.cs(229,9): error CS0103: The name `Profiler' does not exist in the current context

Unity version 5.5.0f3

7. Dreamcube017

Dreamcube017

GAH a shame this isn't being updated anymore. And this seems to be the best one out of all of the mesh simplification tools on the store. I imported and built a level with some meshes, just to realize too late that they are far too high in polycount (A single path has over 15 million triangles.) It works with my current version of Unity (2018.3), but after this project I'll be moving to a newer version which according to the reviews, this no longer works.... Geeze, now I'll have to totally redo the level. Please update this asset or tell us why you can't or at least respond. Thanks.

8. JonPQ

JonPQ