Search Unity

Mesh Maker - The Modeling & Editing Collection

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by MediaGiant, Oct 11, 2013.

1. MediaGiant

MediaGiant

Hi Roka, I am using 2019.1.0f2 as well and the programs are working in my tests. Could you please try importing the program into a new project to see if it is possibly a conflict with another application.

In the last update I refreshed all the meta data files to prevent Unity from installing them into the same folder, but if you have an older version of one of my programs then this may be causing the window to appear blank. If this is the case then the solution is to copy the whole Mesh Cutter folder from the new project into your working project and you should find that the programs work fine together.

I have had an email from a customer who had a problem where the programs were having trouble reading their settings files (.xml type) and were throwing an error reading the values. This appears to be caused by a regional issue which affects some number types being read incorrectly using XML. Are you using a different language to English or other configuration that may be causing a problem? There is a forum post talking about this issue here at https://stackoverflow.com/questions/8348317/why-receive-formatexception-on-valid-double-input and a workaround here at https://support.microsoft.com/en-in...curs-when-attempting-to-convert-a-numeric-str

I am working towards an update for the end of May to support some now obsolete methods in Unity and will try to remedy the regional problem as well as a few other fixes.

I hope these suggestions help fix the problem but if you find that the problem persists then please write to me at support@meshmaker.com and I'll do my best to help.

2. Darkwoven

Darkwoven

Just to be certain this can be used only to make games not sell assets? It's the best idea ever to combine the work together by the way. Going to test it more now.

3. MediaGiant

MediaGiant

Hi KingMidasGames, thanks for your feedback. Anything you create is your own work, so you can certainly make assets using these programs to sell on the store. :)

4. MediaGiant

MediaGiant

Hi Folks,

Just to let you know that the next update will be uploaded in a few days. The main reason for the update is to add support for editing models with more than 64k vertices. There were also a few Unity methods that are about to become obsolete so I have replaced those as well. I will keep the version for Unity 5.6 and release two new versions for Unity LTS 2017.4.27f1 and for Unity 2019.1.0f2.

I know it has been a while since the last release but overall the programs have held up well with the number of changes being introduced by Unity. I have used this time to work on and test other ideas such as voxel engines, terrain editing and many small projects. Thank you all for your patience and understanding.

5. MediaGiant

MediaGiant

Sorry for not getting back sooner but a few issues have come up and I have had to delay the updates. Some personal problems and some technical mean that I don't have as much time to dedicate to this project, but I will try to get the updates out as soon as possible. Fortunately the programs are in a very stable state and I think it is best not to risk a major update at this time. I also hope to find time to add to the collection as soon as things settle down. Thank you.

Akshara and JBR-games like this.
  6. BradZoob

BradZoob

Oh weird, I just sent you an email about the 16bit limit in Prefab Maker and then found this post lol.

7. MrG

MrG

Any update on the future of this package?

8. MarioRuiz

MarioRuiz

Hi @MediaGiant I just got mesh maker, I'm trying to get some LOD's done in 2019.2.12 and I'm just getting the same base mesh on all lods, no decimation whatsoever, is there a latest version that's not up in the store which is compatible with 2019.2 ? mesh combining and mesh editing also won't work properly it seems.