Search Unity

Mesh Instance Renderer Not Working In Standalone Windows Build

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by caseyc, Jan 3, 2019.

1. caseyc

caseyc

I've been messing around with unity ECS the past few days but have hit a snag. I am creating several entities with a position, rotation and mesh instance renderer component attached, and am assigning the mesh and material to the instance renderer. Everything looks correct in the editor with all entities rendering as expected, but when I build for standalone windows none of the entities are visible. I am using a red standard shader with
    gpu instancing enabled, and the standard cube mesh that comes with unity.

Stuff I have tried:
    - Putting a gameobject in the scene with the same mesh/material as is being used for the entities, it shows up as expected.
    - Setting the Instancing Variants to "Keep All" in the graphics settings.
    - Debug logging to make sure the entities are actually being made (they are).

I also have some debug text in to monitor the performance of my other job systems and they seem to be running correctly so I'm pretty sure that jobs are working as expected.

Are there any other components that I should add to an entity to make sure it is rendered? What settings am I missing in unity that might be causing the entities to not appear in a standalone build?

Thanks for any assistance!

2. Rotary-Heart

Rotary-Heart

3. caseyc

caseyc

I checked the log file and could see my debug logs but no errors. I believe the shader is being included in the build since I have an object in the scene using the same material as the entities and it is showing up correctly. I'm kind of a forum noob, is there a way to move a post or should I just repost in the forum you mentioned?