Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Mesh filter is missing from my objects

Discussion in 'Prefabs' started by Pavlos_Mavris, Dec 28, 2018.

1. Pavlos_Mavris

Pavlos_Mavris

Hello there,

I just build a new pc and I copy my project from my old laptop to my new pc and when I open my project the "mesh filter" is missing from all of my objects and I don't know how to fix it. And i'm sure I copy all the files from my old laptop. If anyone knows how to fix it please tell me! Untitled.jpg

2. SteenLund

SteenLund

Unity Technologies

@Pavlos_Mavris
    Looks like some references are missing from the prefabs. This usually happens if there are script compiling errors. We have a system in place to handle this situation, but it seems like it is not perfect.

The work around is usually to reimport the prefabs the have lost references by finding them in the project browser, right-click and select "Reimport".

Last edited: Jan 2, 2019
    Lars-Steenhoff likes this.
  3. jibrangillani11

jibrangillani11

Reimport is not working for me

Beugnen likes this.
  4. jamesparksart

jamesparksart

@SteenLund - So... I had a crashing error that I got in one of my projects and so I deleted my library and started the scene back up. When all the was said and done the mesh filter for a lot of my objects were missing. So, what I need is a script or tool that can reload all the meshes to the proper object. The 95% of the names of the meshes are the same as the names on the objects that it represents, with a few exceptions. How do I go about "reloading" them to the proper place? I am "Re-importing All" right now just to see if that would work.

5. DBarlok

DBarlok

Amazing. Same here! How can it be possible to reach the end of the Publishing stage to found out this bug? Thank you so much. Reimport doesn't work.

6. jacoblaerdal

jacoblaerdal

Me2! Reimport doesn't work in Unity 2019.4.1f1

7. SLN

SLN

Same for me! Reimport didn't work!

Did anyone find a solution to this problem yet ?

8. Entagon

Entagon

same thing happened to me when upgrading my unity project. In my case the problem with the missing meshes only happens to older assets. I noticed something, which might be a reason: In these old assets in my scenes, some gameobjects are called something like "Part_012" or "Part_082". I think the (now missing) meshes might have been called the same. When i drag a new instance of this asset into the scene view, though, the same gameobjects are called "Part.012" and "Part.082". Maybe they changed something in the naming convention and this broke the mesh filters?

EDIT: I fixed this problem. I opened the corresponding .meta - file (my assets were blend-objects from a time when i placed them directly in my projects instead of just adding a fbx file) and replaced every _ with a .
    Hope, this helps anyone...

Last edited: Jan 15, 2021
  9. IsYouzi

IsYouzi

https://github.com/Brackeys/RPG-Tutorial/issues/2

The same thing happened to me when I was doing this tutorial, and this issue solved it.
    Basically, there are some external package's models that are bridged to Unity through its blender file(.blend), Unity cannot import the model without the help of Blender. To identify such files, go to your imported package's model folder, check if there's any .blend file there.
    The solution is simple, install the newest version of Blender, reboot your computer, and you should be fine.

10. dreg_master

dreg_master

Had to Export it back as a FBX into Unity and overwrite the old one.