Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug Mesh dissappears when selecting object (Probuilder)

Discussion in 'World Building' started by ImKyleConway, Dec 29, 2022.

1. ImKyleConway

ImKyleConway

I have been working on a house inside of unity using probuilder and although I may have not always followed the best building practices when it comes to 3D modeling, I have managed thus far. I have recently attempted to use the cut tool in order to open and create a doorway and I received several errors after making a few cuts, but ultimately it was preventing me from selecting the mesh in any way other than object selection without receiving an error in the console.

The project was unfortunately saved in this state and no backups exist.

I have since updated to the newest version of Probuilder and as a result now when I open up the project, my level looks like this:

But any clicking in the scene immediately results in it turning into this:

While also providing me with these errors:

What is interesting is that the ability to select vertex's and edges has returned. but obviously there are bigger issues here. Any thoughts, or am I doomed to start the level over?

2. gabrielw_unity

gabrielw_unity

Unity Technologies

Hi! Can you try the "Tools > ProBuilder > Repair" actions? Not sure if there will be an easy fix, but you shouldn't have to restart :)

I know this isn't helpful right now, but this is a big BIG reason to use github/other, and always do a backup before updating things. I've lost a few entire projects before, learned the hard way :(