Search Unity

1. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug Mesh disappears only on certain animations - Blender to Unity

Discussion in 'Animation' started by loligertiger, Dec 7, 2023.

1. loligertiger

loligertiger

Hello,

I have been working on an NPC for a game and I suddenly encountered a weird bug after importing it into Unity an checking the animations. (Blender to Unity)

Starting at one of my last animations the skin mesh of my character suddenly disappears. Just the skin.
    It disappears on frame 211, on the frame before everything is completely fine. (screenshot provided below)
    And all of my other animations are also working perfectly. Just the last 4 animations have disappearing mesh. (and it is not about the camera distance)

What I have tried:

BLENDER EXPORT SETTINGS
    looked into Blender export settings for my FBX. I have a template for this which worked on a previous NPC and adjusting it doesn't change a lot.
    => UNEFFECTIVE.

DELETED FACIAL ANIMATIONS

I tried to delete the facial animations on all of my face controllers and suddenly the skin was not disappearing anymore! But I still need facial animations. So I deleted the current facial animations and did them again on one animation to test. But the bug reoccured.
    => PARTIALLY EFFECTIVE.

BLENDSHAPE NORMAL SETTINGS IN UNITY

and then I found out when experimenting with the Unity settings for the Model that when playing with the blendshape normals that the result also changes. When setting the blendshape normals to imported only the face disappears not the whole body skin. So, I thought this could have something to do with blendshape normals but since there is no big difference between keyframe 210 (all good) to 211 (mesh disappears), I am quite confused what is the issue now. (screenshots provided below)
    => PARTIALLY EFFECTIVE.

I would be grateful for any help as I have reached a dead end of some sorts. My alternative would be to redo the last animations (4 in total) which I don't really like and since I cannot pin point exactly where the problem originates from I could run into it again, wasting even more time of work.

I hope anyone has some ideas hat to try out and what the issue could be, so I can fix this somehow and save my animations somewhow.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Attached Files: