Search Unity

1. Welcome to the Unity Forums! Please take the time to read our Code of Conduct to familiarize yourself with the forum rules and how to post constructively.
  2. Have a look at our Games Focus blog post series which will show what Unity is doing for all game developers – now, next year, and in the future.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug Mesh.color out of bounds errors preventing build.

Discussion in 'World Building' started by andikm, Jun 18, 2022.

1. andikm

andikm

This error is stil happening after updating ProBuilder to 5.0.4 and it is preventing me doing builds.

Mesh.colors is out of bounds. The supplied array needs to be the same size as the Mesh.vertices array.
    UnityEngine.GUIUtility:ProcessEvent(int,intptr)

In 4.5.2 using Tools > ProBuilder > Repair > Rebuild All ProBuilder Objects used to fix it. In 5.0.4, I have to rebuild all scenes and maybe 1 out 5 builds would be error free.

Is there anyway of pin pointing which game objects are causing the issue ? Or a global way of checking?

Unity 2019.4.39f1 LTS
    ProBuilder 5.0.4

Thanks !

2. andikm

andikm

Just in case someone else gets this error and finds their way to this post; need to make sure all objects are meshes before building.

I was stripping ProBuilder scripts manually from each object and was dependent on the global stripping of scripts of picking up any objects I missed.

Best to use

Tools > ProBuilder > Actions > Strip All Probuilder Scripts in Scene

unityunity