Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug Mesh Colliders upgrade issue

Discussion in '2019.3 Beta' started by AcidArrow, Dec 2, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AcidArrow

AcidArrow

The bug is already reported (it's most probably this : https://issuetracker.unity3d.com/is...19-dot-3-0a9-with-mesh-not-marked-as-readable ). The tl;dr; is mesh colliders that are in the "default" state, are not upgraded properly (probably because the "Use Fast Midphase" was added).

It stops me from upgrading our project from 2018.4 to 2019.3, since all mesh colliders start complaining about not being readable, even though they should be in the "default" state and I need to go in every scene and every collider to reset them. (I can't even easily script it, since AFAIK there is no way to set the cooking options to "default" via script, although I guess I could remove the mesh colliders and re-add them)

This was reported a while ago, I'm hoping it's planned to be fixed for the release.

Also... maybe more long term, can you maybe fix the "default" state being so weirdly defined? Maybe add another checkbox that says "Default" which when ticked it disables editing of the cooking options? Regardless of the bug here, the current behavior, even if it was working properly, is very confusing.

2. LeonhardP

LeonhardP

Unity Technologies

AcidArrow likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.