Search Unity

Question Mesh Colliders not appear proper shape

Discussion in 'Physics' started by Lifee00, Mar 19, 2023.

1. Lifee00

Lifee00

Hello, I have until now worked with 2D, decided to try 3D for the first time. Tried 2 different chars from asset store. The problem is I can't find a good collider for either. The mesh collider has to be convex to work with dynamic rigidbody, but the convex shape is totally wrong. Is there something I am missing here?
    The only other option I can think of is to add 10 difference colliders, circle, boxes etc. manually around the object to simulate some kind of a normal collider. Seems quite troublesome for a basic feature? Thank you guys, I appreciate all help.
    Here is link to one of the test chars if needed: https://assetstore.unity.com/packag...noids/sci-fi/free-test-character-asuna-205897

2. Homicide

Homicide

You wont find a collider that just encompasses your character all at once, perfectly. It doesnt work that way.

Most often, you would use a simple capsule collider for the rough est of your character body size. Then, one way of doing things for eg: in cases such as your character crouching etc, you manipulate the collider size based on your characters state.

For character that require , say , head shots, limb shots etc, you would use individual collider / hit boxes of sort, on those areas of your character. But yes, indeed, you will not just use one all encompassing magical collider that fits around an animated character body perfectly.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2023
    arkano22 and Lifee00 like this.