Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Mesh Colliders Invisible

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by allencook200, Apr 14, 2021.

1. allencook200

allencook200

So I was working with mesh colliders just fine, non convex, but then all of a sudden the green wireframe just stops showing up, but then it shows fine again if I click the "convex" checkmark, and invisible again if I uncheck it.

No, it's not on a rigidbody. I've tried so many objects and it just refuses to show up. It was working fine 30 minutes ago. Even if I spawn in a cube, put a mesh collider on it, the green wireframe remains invisible until I check the convex box.

My gizmos are fine, I triple checked it already.

This issue is persisting across ALL of my projects. Not just the one I was working in. Again, it was working fine 30 minutes ago.

2. sjameselvis

sjameselvis

Are you sure that "30 minutes ago" you had convex unchecked and you had the green wireframe show up?

I've never seen the wireframe show up when I have that box unchecked. Is your GameObject even non convex? A normal cube is convex so the box should be checked.

3. allencook200

allencook200

Turns out that the green colliders only show, if your mesh collider is targeting a mesh that is not currently on the object.

Kurt-Dekker likes this.