Search Unity

Mesh Colliders inside Asset Bundles require Read/Write Enable to be true

Discussion in 'Asset Bundles' started by SufferinPup, Sep 16, 2021.

1. SufferinPup

SufferinPup

We are using 2019.4.9f1 and seeing some strange behavior. If a prefab with a mesh collider is inside an asset bundle, the mesh fbx import settings require "Read/Write Enable" to be true. This isn't the case if the prefab is in a normal build, or running from the editor. In those cases there is no error message and the collision works fine.

It is a huge pain because the error message only says the mesh name, which the artists mostly name "Collider", so finding the correct fbx that contains that mesh and enabling that option is becoming very time consuming.

Is there any way to disable/workaround this requirement, or automatically mark them as needed, or some other solution?

Thanks for any help. Also if this is the wrong forum, please point me in the right direction. I wasn't sure since this involves physics as well.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2021
  2. jxxxxst

jxxxxst

Bumping this. We are seeing the same issue on Unity 2019.4.33. Model and scene files are in different asset bundles.
    Even with the Prebake Collision Meshes flag set we are not getting any proper mesh colliders during runtime.

3. gisinator

gisinator

Can confirm this issue with addressables and 2020.3.23f1. Collisions with my meshcollider work perfectly in editor, but once build on Android, no more collisions :(

4. Petr777

Petr777

Are there any news on this? we have the same issue on 2018.4.10, looks like an old bug

5. Peter77

Peter77

QA Jesus

If it's not fixed in the latest Unity (LTS) release, you should submit a bug-report with a project Unity Technologies can use to reproduce the problem and test their fix against. https://unity3d.com/unity/qa/bug-reporting

If they don't have a bug-report in their system, it's unfortunately unlikely that Unity staff is going to look at the issue (from my experience).

6. MylesLambert

MylesLambert