Search Unity

Mesh Change Test

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by StarBuck, Jan 27, 2008.

1. StarBuck

StarBuck

2. Jessy

Jessy

37 MB... sounds like an upload of the file may be in order. I have Time Warner, and although I pay for 15 mbps download, I am getting less than a fifth of that now, so I'll give you my impressions in an hour. :evil:

...Ok, those are awesome. Certainly a great case for the need of morph targets in Unity.

I don't think the turtle works that well, though. The edges of the shell don't have the same detail allotted as does the rest of the model. The same goes for the tail of the eagle.

3. StarBuck

StarBuck

I've been playing with this program

http://www.blacksmith3d.com/

Maybe this guy could help Unity with morph targets, think of how much space could be saved with several characters from one mesh!

-SB-

4. Joe ByDesign

Joe ByDesign

Very cool! No matter how many times I see 3D morphs, they still impress me!

Thanks for sharing!

5. yangmeng

yangmeng

That's very interesting. How many meshes does each human - animal set use? (How many do you need to model yourself?)

6. Joe ByDesign

Joe ByDesign

If you follow the Blacksmith link given above, you can see the meshes.

Usually this type of morphing involves using meshes that have the same # of vertices.

It looks like this tool lets you paint which areas are stronger than others, then morphs the vertices between the start and end automagically; so you don't need to create intermediary meshes (again, assuming the meshes have the same # of vertices)

7. StarBuck

StarBuck

All those shapes are from the same mesh but there has to be a way to call the changes, a morph handler (i guess)

I used the mesh change but that takes up space.

-SB-