Search Unity

Mesh Brush for Blender

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by aniv, Mar 11, 2016.

1. aniv

aniv

Hi all,
    I made a Blender addon for game developers that speeds up normal map creation. Something a bit like NDo right inside Blender. Take a look and tell me what do you think:

Get it here: https://gumroad.com/products/oVUv

2. EliasMasche

EliasMasche

Interesting Addon for blender,is going to help a lot between the process of High Poly Model and Low Poly, is there any ETA for release and is going to be free or are you going to sell.

3. aniv

aniv

4. EliasMasche

EliasMasche

Thanks for the link, bookmarked, now my budget is empty, but when i can going to buy or at least try to buy. :)

5. zenGarden

zenGarden

It's only normal map surface work and the workflow is slow for big projects where you need to make things as quickly as possible. I will work faster directly drawing shapes on the normal map in 3D Coat for example.

theANMATOR2b likes this.
  6. aniv

aniv

@zenGarden: Thanks for the comment. Yes, 3D Coat is faster for surface work, but you can't make ID maps like here and you can't get beveled edges in couple of seconds or features that follow topology nicely without high poly to low poly baking with cage.

7. zenGarden

zenGarden

The issue is on big projects and team dealing with meshes you have orient and place around your mesh in 3D spaces is slower than direct painting on the normal map. Also Blender is not the most used to generate normal maps for games.