Search Unity

Games Merlin what did doth befall to thee? || Sprite pachinko plus 2D

Discussion in 'Projects In Progress' started by leinadsened, Oct 4, 2022.

1. leinadsened

leinadsened

This is the prototype of my first game and I loved making it

A bit of background

Always had an interest for programmable stuff, but life happened and I ended up in a different career with no fulfilment. About a year ago I knew I had to make a change, so I picked up my teenage hobby again. So far I finished a webdev course, and at the moment attending a CS basics + software testing course. I played around with a lot of things in my almost 30 years, PLCs, neural networks, injection bots, you name it. But the amount of fun never even came close to what I experienced with unity (first time meeting with C# or any C language by the way). So when the first "hands-on" project began I got a bit carried away, by the time I finished the supposed "Sprite pachinko" project, the whole thing started to resemble something that wouldn't feel uncanny if it came across on Miniclip around 2005. So I kept going telling myself stuff like "Okay, just this one more feature and I'm going to bed." and "I'll only search for the assets needed for the next idea, scripting can wait until tomorrow.". Ideas came and scripts got written, and when the sun came up I ended up with a game I feel proud of. Upon showing it to my girlfriend, she was amazed, "This almost feels like a real game! Did you really make this? " as she put it. For me that was the greatest recognition in my CS journey so far, it gave me enough confidence to show off my work publicly.

%%%%%START HERE IF NOT INTERESTED IN BACKGROUND STORY%%%%%

Merlin what did doth befall to thee? A pachinko-style 2D game resembling flashgames

The main action of the game
    • In the game, you help Merlin by guiding him with the cursor's position.
    • He has to collect coins to pay off his debt of 100 coins.
    • Dept collectors will come after you if money starts collecting in your pocket.
    • If you run out of coins try the backpacks.
    Click here to open the game

Plans for the future
    • New enemy types
    • Spells for Merlin
    • Add bonuses and setbacks with different coin types
    • More levels
    • Making points into something usable like a currency
    • Make the roadmap of the project
    Looking forward for your feedback!
    My girlfriend said she likes it, but she could be blinded by love. I would really appreciate constructive criticism and feedback about your experience, was there anything annoying/offputting or something that you especially enjoyed?

2. leinadsened

leinadsened

Published Version 0.2!
    New features:
    • Two brand new levels to play, collect potions and throw bricks!
    • Added sounds to the game
    • Polished the UI
    • Added new winning and losing screens
    Last level is a bit buggy, I'm plannig on fixing that.
    If you have any feedback or ideas for this project, I would be glad to read them!