Search Unity

Merlin - Installer & Build Automation (Early-Alpha, Coming Soon!)

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by joelybahh, Oct 25, 2018.

1. joelybahh

joelybahh

Merlin is a tool that makes creating an installer for your game/software project feel like magic.

It takes the task of compiling an installer, and brings it right into the engine we all know and love. It has both a Simple and Advanced setup for those wanting that little bit more control, and if that still isn't enough, there is a code editor for the setup script being compiled so you can take it a step further.

Currently it is in very early alpha, but this is only 2 work weeks worth of work! Currently looking for expressions of interest and for anyone who is interested in joining the discord community to help shape the future of this asset!

If you are interested please contact me at: joel@blackpandastudios.com!

Also beyond the bare-bones of what you see in the video, you will be able to create custom file types with launch parameters, this will update every file with that extension to have the icon you specify, and allows you to do things like, double click a level file and boot right into the level!

Neviah likes this.
  2. colemanation

colemanation

This is really cool. Hope you get the initial black screen that launches before the installer removed. Do you plan on adding support for mac? If so that would really make this worth it.

3. joelybahh

joelybahh

@colemanation Thanks! yeah, that black screen was from the recording, it doesn't actually black screen, I'm not sure why, but that was the output from OBS after recording.

For the first release, it won't support mac, simply because of the way the tool currently works, It is definitely at the top of the roadmap as It has come up a few times.
    I don't own a mac personally, so I would like some testers on mac for when I get to that point :)

Reply with your email if you want to keep in the development loop, or email me it if your more comfortable doing that, my email is joel@blackpandastudios.com :)

Neviah likes this.