Search Unity

Unity's version control component has been upgraded to Plastic SCM.

Merging

Discussion in 'Unity Collaborate' started by Monarky, Oct 18, 2016.

1. Monarky

Monarky

I am unable to merge I am using unity 5.4.2. Am I missing something?

Attached Files:

2. bradunity

bradunity

@Monarky are you able to select a diff/merge tool from File > Preferences > Revision Control Diff/Merge dropdown?
    upload_2016-10-18_11-16-29.png

3. Monarky

Monarky

No im unable. What one is the best one. Is there one that works really well with Collab? I thought Collab was using smart merge? thats not on the list?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 18, 2016
    holliebuckets likes this.
  4. holliebuckets

holliebuckets

@Monarky would you be willing to submit a bug for me and ping me back the case #? :)

5. Monarky

Monarky

I replyed to you with the case number also i just tried the new beta 5.5b8 and i still can not merge. Can you explain to me am I suppose to have a merging tool that is built into unity or no? Or do i just need to download one of those external ones?

6. holliebuckets

holliebuckets

if you are on Mac, Apple Merge comes installed. If you don't, you do need an external merge too :) Unity does not have one built in.

I'm taking a look at your bug now :) Thank you so much!

7. holliebuckets

holliebuckets

Thank you so much for the bug! Your editor logs show you are missing some js packages (which was a known bug for 5.4.2f1, watch for fix in 5.4.2f2), but you still need an external merge tool :)

8. Monarky

Monarky

Okay I downloaded the merge tool DiffMerge. Worked good for one merge : / Now I am unable to merge I get this error when merging. I also am not able to upload in the earth scene i have to go to another scene. Case number 845380

Attached Files:

9. holliebuckets

holliebuckets

Thank you so much for the bug #!!!
    @Monarky

10. macdude2

macdude2

Just wondering - do you guys intend to make a customized merge interface? Right now, it looks like we have to use apple merge for things like game objects and components (which is definitely pretty rough), correct? We'd extremely appreciate an ability to have a visual interface for merging components on a game object.