Search Unity

Question Merging Duplicate Localization Table Entries

Discussion in 'Localization Tools' started by Chidwack_RSM, Aug 25, 2022.

1. Chidwack_RSM

Chidwack_RSM

I love using the track changes feature in Localization Scene Controls to quickly go through a project and localize it. It is so much faster to just paste in what you want and it create the entry for you, instead of right clicking the text component, going scrolling down to the localize script and then picking or creating a new entry. The problem is that each tracked change is unique, and entries with the same text aren't merged together. I understand that you wouldn't want this to happen in all cases, but most of the time, I want text that is exactly the same to merge into a single entry to consolidate the tables.

Is there a way to modify whatever script that controls the 'Track changes' so that it looks to see whether an entry with the same text already exists before creating a new entry?

Or after the table is created, to find entries that are similar and merge them together?

2. karl_jones

karl_jones

Unity Technologies

That's an interesting idea. It doesn't exist at the moment but worth investigating in the future. I'll make a note for us to look into this.

You could write an editor script for this although you would need to both merge the entries and also go and update any references to the old entries. If you know you want it to merge you could do it manually at the time and adjust the value in the GameObject localizers.