Search Unity

Mergin Animator Override Controller

Discussion in 'Animation' started by gabeluders, Jan 28, 2021.

1. gabeluders

gabeluders

I'm creating a system to allow the player to have multiple skins and use multiple weapons in my game mainly through changing the animations with an animator override controller

The first idea was to get the overrider from a weapon scriptable object dynammicaly as the player chooses that weapon.

The overrider in the scriptable object overrides only the attack animations like below, cause that's when the weapon shows up.

upload_2021-1-28_19-44-50.png

Now, i wanna create a system that changes the other animations separately so the main character can have multiple skins. I was going to do that as i did with the weapons, but if i do it like that, the attack animations that are not set go back to default and not to the weapon the guy is using.

Is there a way I can merge both overriders on runtime? So one override controllers changes only the attack animations and the other changes the rest? So i eliminate the need to create multiple overrides that cross all the player skins and the weapons, since that would be too much.

Is there a better way to doing this too? Thanks!

Last edited: Jan 28, 2021