Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Merge projects

Discussion in 'Unity Analytics' started by Rodolfo-Rubens, Sep 7, 2015.

1. Rodolfo-Rubens

Rodolfo-Rubens

Is there a way to merge 2 projects? Some projects just popped in my dashboard (probably from UnityAds), but they refer to the same game... Is there a way to merge them without losing any information?

2. Carwashh

Carwashh

I might have the same thing, except the new projects all say "Integration not complete" and there is some form of ID next to the duplicated team name.

3. lloydg

lloydg

I had this issue, I deleted the new one, it had no stats on it.. but maybe best to wait to see what we should do.

4. Rodolfo-Rubens

Rodolfo-Rubens

Well, I did this once, my analytics projects were showing on the multiplayer service dashboard, I deleted them there and they were deleted in the analytics dashboard too and I lost all my data. So, I think that deleting the projects in the analytics may also delete them somewhere else, in my case, UnityAds.

Mine too...

5. mpinol

mpinol

Hi @rodolfo_r, @Carwashh, and @lloydg

@rodolfo_r, there is currently no way to merge two projects together.

We experienced a technical issue over the weekend and are still getting all of the data caught up and updated on the dashboard. This is most likely the cause of your 'Integration not complete' messages.

I am going to look into the duplicate projects and will let you know what I find. If you could please open a support ticket here, https://analytics.cloud.unity3d.com/support, it will give me some more information about your specific games so I can look a little further into this for you guys.

Rodolfo-Rubens likes this.
  6. Rodolfo-Rubens

Rodolfo-Rubens

Hi @mpinol , it's done!

Thanks for the fast support!

mpinol likes this.
  7. mpinol

mpinol

@Carwashh and @lloydg

We believe that the new projects are the result of some recent changes made to UnityAds. We are looking into this and will let you know the proper course of action to take as soon as we have tested our solution.

lloydg likes this.
  8. Carwashh

Carwashh

9. IvyKun

IvyKun

Hi,

I'm having the same issue. Because on Unity Ads you have two versions of the same game (android and ios), now in Unity Analytics I have each game twice (android and ios version).

So what is the workaround here? Use only one Unity Analytics project for both versions? I guess that should be the right thing to do, and then use the android and ios users segment to see differences between versions.

Thanks!

10. mpinol

mpinol

Hi @IvyKun,

If you are using the Unity Analytics SDK plugin then you can easily use one Analytics project with both projects from Ads. Then you can use the Android and iOS user segments to separate your data. For 5.2, and above, engine integrated Analytics there is currently no way to use one Analytics project with two separate Ads projects.

I am not sure how difficult it would be to make this change, but Ads now supports having one project for both iOS and Android on 5.2 and above, so you could potentially use one project for Analytics and Ads(iOS and Android).

As a way of being able to separate your active Analytics projects from your other 'services' we have a way where you can disable Analytics for that project. http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/dashboard-update.367199/

11. IvyKun

IvyKun

Hi,

Yeah I'm using the SDK on 4.6 so I will use just one project for both.

And for future projects I will start using the new unity ads dashboard and try to have just one project for both versions of my game, that will make everything easier and more organised ;)

Thanks!

mpinol likes this.