Search Unity

Merge data from one sprite atlas to another (Unity block meta files).

Discussion in 'Immediate Mode GUI (IMGUI)' started by Deleted User, Apr 22, 2019.

1. Deleted User

Deleted User

Hello Unity team and users!

I made a unity editor extension that merges metadata from one image atlas to another. We work in collaboration with the second artist in one atlas with different 2d characters (we use Aniamtion2d Package and unity bones tool). And we have a problem to merge our changes(bones, meshes, weights, pivots, sprites regions) in one final atlas. I made an extension that fixes that problem. It moves meta from one atlas to another and fixes links in prefabs and scenes.

Extension link : https://github.com/dust999/MergeAtlasMeta

All works great in Unity 2018.3.3f1

But starting from Unity 2018.3.11f1 may be earlier, Unity blocked meta files from write from editor scripts. So it currently useless. Or we need a store in temp meta and fix name manually outside from unity, but it is not a good way to go.

So I'm pleased Unity team remove a block from unity metafiles, or get the privilege to write them. Or answer to me why not?

p.s.: Or maybe you know any other solution to work together in one atlas?

2. Deleted User

Deleted User

I found a solution. We backup both atlases in new project and merge data both of them. Works pretty well. All metadata successfully migrates from one atlas to another. And you can fix prefabs and scenes