Search Unity

Merge assets ?

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by Marckenson, Oct 9, 2019.

1. Marckenson

Marckenson

2. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

First you just import both, and get your project working. Otherwise, please define "merge", you can certainly import multiple assets.

Joe-Censored likes this.
  3. Marckenson

Marckenson

thank you very much but may i have an example of your answer in screenshot ?

4. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

I'm not sure what you mean. You simply import your first asset, and then import your second one the same way. They will be placed in separate folders in your project. Are you receiving an error?

Joe-Censored likes this.
  5. Marckenson

Marckenson

I mean, just a screenshot, how do you do the merging step by step ! please

6. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

You don't "merge". You first install the first asset, have you done that? Does your game run? Great! Now import the second one, the same way. You can import multiple assets into the same project. From the Asset menu, choose Import New Asset if you have it locally. Or perhaps easier, just click on the Asset Store tab, locate the asset you want, and click Download/Import. Repeat for your second asset.

7. Marckenson

Marckenson

''You can import multiple assets into the same project.'' After, when i save my project, with the assets in the same project or basket, it's like merging ? Yes or no ? Sorry, i am new with Unity !

Last edited: Oct 11, 2019
  8. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Yes, try it and see! Please keep in mind you are answering my previous questions with more questions. Best to answer each question directly, they are asked for a specific reason. THEN move onto your questions.

9. Joe-Censored

Joe-Censored

What you're saying is confusing because "merging" has a very specific meaning for programmers, but what you're describing is not it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Merge_(version_control)

biogicfps likes this.
  10. abdo66

abdo66

please hi i have the same problem whit merging theme in the scene
    when i drag the second asset to to the scene like you have a sky asset and a ground asset when you drag them unity says you tool not suported it say you have to downlaod p4merge or DiffMerge and others

biogicfps likes this.
  11. dom5237dd

dom5237dd

Hello guys I have a question. I just imported a whole city asset from the store, and I imported an apartment asset from the store. I want the apartment in the city. When I imported the apartment it was actually bigger than the city, so I couldn't put it inside. I tried to shrink the apartment, but each lamp and floor tile and door was a seperate 3d model, so it shrunk each thing individually and long story short it didnt work (ill put a screenshot to show cuz i cant explain tbh). I then tried to grow the city, but each building was separate and that didnt work either.

I need to know 1. how to shrink entire assets at the same time together or 2.how to combine unity 3d models into one big 3d model (so i can shrink and grow everything together)

apartment before i tried to shrink it
    apartment before.png

apartment after i held right click, highlighted everything, and used the scale tool to shrink everything
    apartment 2.png

12. dom5237dd

dom5237dd