Search Unity

Feedback Menu Window/Layouts couldn't be found

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by WildStyle69, Aug 1, 2019.

1. WildStyle69

WildStyle69

After upgrading to Unity 2019.2.0f1 (64-bit) I'm getting an error when I click on the Layout drop-down in the editor. Nothing happens and at the console I see the error 'Menu Window/Layouts couldn't be found'.

As well as the error above, my custom menus that use the `Menu.SetChecked` method in C# are no longer toggling / working in the editor.

I've tried reinstalling Unity, doing a complete project asset re-import, and deleting the `Library` folder and importing again, but still get the same issue.

Guessing there is some kind of asset / script conflict, however the editor log does not give any useful info beyond the error message I mentioned.

Anyone else have this problem or can help?

// WildStyle

2. WildStyle69

WildStyle69

Menu Window/Layouts couldn't be found

(Filename: C:\buildslave\unity\build\Editor/Platform/Windows/MenuControllerWin.cpp Line: 983)

3. WildStyle69

WildStyle69

4. AzurySimon

AzurySimon

I am having the same problem; I am not using Substance.

5. WildStyle69

WildStyle69

@AzurySimon - if you upgraded and have the same issue, could be that another asset has auto-upgraded incorrectly, resulting in a similar state. If you're using source control, you could cross-reference what has changed and investigate that way potentially.

// WildStyle

6. slippyfrog

slippyfrog

This looks to be an issue with user code clearing the following delegate:

EditorApplication.delayCall

For example the following code will clear anyone that has registered with he delayCall delegate.

EditorApplication.delayCall = () =>
    {
    //do stuff
    };

This should be changed to
    EditorApplication.delayCall += () =>
    {
    //do stuff
    };

Just search your project fro the line and you should have the cause:

"EditorApplication.delayCall ="

Reported here:
    https://issuetracker.unity3d.com/is...ing-any-asset-or-any-package-into-the-project

And:
    https://issuetracker.unity3d.com/is...nd-error-with-specific-scripts-in-the-project

7. Reahreic

Reahreic

Sadly this isn't the cause for me. I just had to re-install the editor to address package related issues. and not got the error when before I didn't.

Could be related to the com.unity.ugui packages and their dependencies as I had to nuke them before the reinstall.