Search Unity

Menu button mislabeled in documentation

Discussion in 'VR' started by nickfourtimes, Aug 14, 2018.

1. nickfourtimes

nickfourtimes

Hey, this probably isn't super critical, but I think I noticed a small bug in the Input for Windows Mixed Reality docs.

In the docs, this image suggests the menu button is down on the grip:

However, here it looks like that button is the system "Windows" button, and the menu button is instead between the touchpad and the thumbstick:

I just wanted to verify whether this is mislabeled in the Unity documentation. We've gotten reports that our menu buttons aren't working (I'm polling "joystick button 6" and "joystick button 7"), and I'm sure it's some other problem in my code... but just in case, I thought it would be better to check if maybe Unity itself is polling the wrong button under the hood.

JasonCostanza likes this.
  2. JasonCostanza

JasonCostanza

Unity Technologies

That is a good catch, I will forward this to our documentation team to take a look at this. However, in the meantime you can definitely use InteractionSourcePressType.Menu to query when the button is pressed.

nickfourtimes likes this.
  3. JasonCostanza

JasonCostanza

Unity Technologies

And to confirm, you are correct the "menu" button is that button between the touchpad and joystick with the 3 lines on it. We often refer to it as "The hamburger button".

nickfourtimes likes this.
  4. StayTalm_Unity

StayTalm_Unity

Unity Technologies

Hello,
    So, you are definitely correct, the image is wrong, and that's the system button and not the menu button.

But, I did some tests locally and it seems like the Hamburger menu is mapped to joystick buttons 6 & 7.

Can you give me more details about how you've set those buttons up? As well, which version of Unity you are using (Top menu->Help->About Unity), and I can try to help get those buttons working.