Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Menu background

Discussion in 'Game Design' started by Ed_Muel, Jan 21, 2022.

1. Ed_Muel

Ed_Muel

Hi,

I'm getting a bit further through one of my projects (for once) so I'm looking to get my basic placeholder menus upgraded into something a little fancier.

I just hacked something together when I started which is a canvas with an image and some buttons on that enables and disables as I needed. That image is just a solid light blue colour.

It's more of a creative question really, what do people use for that background image. Just a solid colour looks pretty basic, I tried googling backgrounds but they mainly looked like desktop backgrounds...

There's a lot of game details under the image and a lot of buttons on some of the menus so I'm not keen on transparency for it, does anyone know at good resources for a menus, or any good training sites? What has worked well for you guys so far?

2. r31o

r31o

Congrats :p

The aspect of the background depends on your game, if you are making a war game you should put a war scene, if it is a platformer just some character jumping on the platforms, in a survival game some landscape...