Search Unity

Feedback Memory Profiler: Would like sums for memory usage columns

Discussion in 'Profiler Previews' started by tessellation, Sep 23, 2021.

1. tessellation

tessellation

The filters and sorting is awesome. If I match a particular name, I'd like to know how much those resources are taking up in terms of memory, but there's no way to see that without adding up columns of hundreds of numbers by hand. Can we see a total at the top or bottom of the Managed/Native memory use columns? Also a count of the number of items in the list, please.

Also it would be great if we can rearrange the column order in Preferences. Not all of us have large 4k monitors and so it's cumbersome to have to scroll to the right to see these critical values. Whereas "Static" and "Address" I don't ever use and they are collapsed.

Related bug: If you click the background of the horizontal scroll bar to make it go one-page right, the click falls through and activates the item in the row. Basically you have to drag the scrollbar right, every time, which is annoying.

Thanks for listening and for creating a great tool!

2. tessellation

tessellation

Worse case, it would be great if you could provide a button to export the data as a CSV and then we could filter, count, and sum the data in Excel or Google Sheets. Export either all data or just the objects currently visible in the table.

unityunity