Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug [Fixed] Memory profiler only shows Meshes and Textures the second time a capture is opened

Discussion in 'Profiler Previews' started by TJHeuvel-net, Jan 4, 2019.

1. TJHeuvel-net

TJHeuvel-net

Right after i make a capture i see many categories in the tree view, things like strings and other objects. The second time i only see meshes and textures.

This always happens for our game, am i doing something wrong? Our capture is rather large (1.5gb)

https://i.imgur.com/sdaNDQi.png this is the first time i open it
    https://i.imgur.com/QIwHUYh.png this is the second time

Last edited: Jan 4, 2019
  2. MartinTilo

MartinTilo

Unity Technologies

Hi @TJHeuvel-net,
    That does look like a bug in the UI indeed. Can you reproduce it with just the snapshot file? I.e. restart the editor. Open it once. Close it. Open it again? If so, a zipped snapshot should be all we need to reproduce it. If not, I guess we'd need a (stripped) project.

Could you please open a bug report through the bug reporter in the editor and post the bug ID here? :)

Last edited: Jan 4, 2019
  3. TJHeuvel-net

TJHeuvel-net

Will do, thanks for the quick response.

Obviously i cant repo it now, ill keep an eye out on it.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2019
    MartinTilo likes this.
  4. MartinTilo

MartinTilo

Unity Technologies

looking at this again:
    if you use the view history buttons (left- right arrows) and come back to the TreeMap, it might be zoomed into. Looking at the screenshot, the textures on the right corner look cut-off so I'm guessing this is what happened?
    In which case, you can see the rest by using the mouse scroll wheel or alt + right mouse button + drag.

5. TJHeuvel-net

TJHeuvel-net

Just tried it again, i really cant repo it. Ill keep trying though!

One thing i did notice, is if you click the name of an object the view will scroll down there. Nothing else happens, its not like the information changes. Is that intentional?

Additionally is it on purpose that the tree view does not have scrollbars?

6. TJHeuvel-net

TJHeuvel-net

I'm a bit confused, how do i open my first capture in this case?

So i have two captures open at the same time, close the one i am looking at. How do i get back to seeing the remaining one that is open? I imagined clicking on the view in the bottom (after searching for a while) but that doesnt do anything.

Right now what i do is close and open it again, but that takes a long time. Ideally after closing the open one it would just immediately switch to the new active report.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2019
  7. MartinTilo

MartinTilo

Unity Technologies

The first and third video show bugs. The scrollbars... yeah, I guess I overlooked that part... Sadly the zoom view that is used everywhere in the editor is not available to packages so this is using somewhat of a copied version of it that is lacking scrollbars. So, technically a bug as well. Something to look into when we get to improving the treeview.

8. TJHeuvel-net

TJHeuvel-net

Ok good to hear, do you want me to report anything with the log fies?

Thanks for the great tool, and super support!

9. MartinTilo

MartinTilo

Unity Technologies

Nah, for these cases it's fine. They were easy enough to repro and we have fixes in the pipeline that will be in the next release. Thank you :)

TJHeuvel-net likes this.