Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Memory Profiler Diff Bug?

Discussion in 'Profiler Previews' started by roberto_sc, Apr 8, 2020.

1. roberto_sc

roberto_sc

Hi.

I have one snapshot that shows one object and a later snapshot that doesn't have it (same run, seconds later), but the diff says "same" instead of "deleted".

Is it possible that a different object in the second snapshot is assigned the same Name/Unique String as this object from the first snapshot so the diff tool thinks it's the same object that continues to exist?

Proof:
    Please take a look at FirstSnapshot.png and notice that the type of the object is SessionPlayer;
    Check SecondSnapshot.png and notice that now the object type is something different, and as expected there's only one object with that Name.
    See in Diff.png that SessionPlayer is classified as "same".

Is it a bug or am I missing something? Thanks.

I'm using Unity 2019.2.21 and MP 0.2.3 preview.2.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 9, 2020
  2. MartinTilo

MartinTilo

Unity Technologies

This looks like the diff is only checking address and sizes to confirm the "sameness" of these. Please file a bug report. We don't need a project for the repro, just the two snapshots but please post the issue ID here :)

roberto_sc likes this.
  3. roberto_sc

roberto_sc

Done. Case 1236058 :)

I accidentally deleted those snapshots so the ones submitted are different from the screenshots here.

That "Unique String" column shouldn't probably be called that since the strings are not unique.

MartinTilo likes this.