Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Unity is excited to announce that we will be collaborating with TheXPlace for a summer game jam from June 13 - June 19. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice

Memory Profiler, "Capture Player" only works once

Discussion in 'Profiler Previews' started by Dreamback, Jan 15, 2020.

1. Dreamback

Dreamback

Using Unity 2019.3.0f5, I load up my scene, press Capture Player, and it creates a Snapshot. I then do things in that scene, and press Capture Player again (to track down a memory leak), and it does nothing at all. The button highlights as a button should when pressed, but nothing appears to happen.

Note, this is when connected to a Player running on a different computer over the network (and the Player is a Linux computer, the editor with the profiler is a Windows computer, with Linux as target platform).

Edit:
    I closed the Memory Profiler window, re-opened it, and that allowed me to CapturePlayer again

tigerleapgorge likes this.
  2. MartinTilo

MartinTilo

Unity Technologies

Hi :)
    Sorry you ran into this issue. I'm assuming you're using the latest package release
    0.2.0-preview.1
    and build the player with an editor that had the Package installed as well?

We're not currently aware of this issue, could you please file a bug report for this using the bug reporter tool in the editor?

tigerleapgorge likes this.