Search Unity

Unity's version control component has been upgraded to Plastic SCM.

Memory Maxes out after checking for changes

Discussion in 'Unity Collaborate' started by ryanSMASH, Nov 6, 2019.

1. ryanSMASH

ryanSMASH

I have been using Collaborate for about a year and half. This week we started having an issue where after "Checking for Changes" finishes memory spikes and keeps climbing until Unity and other programs on my computer start crashing.
    Everyone working on our project is have this same issue. We can't use collaborate at all and can't work on the project without signing out. This has completely halted progress on our project. Does anyone have any ideas what could be wrong

2. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

Hi @ryanSMASH, that's really strange that your memory is maxing out like that. Have you upgraded Unity or Collaborate versions lately? If you suspect that the "Checking for Changes" dialog is to blame then would you be willing to give the v2.0.0-preview.18 Collaborate package a try to see if you still experience the memory issue?

3. ryanSMASH

ryanSMASH

New
    I tried it with the v2.0.0-preview. I have also tried with the versions 2019.2.6, 2019.2.10, and 2019.2.11. I only have this issue after "Checking for Changes" finishes. If I open the project not signed in or with no internet I have no issues as it doesn't Check for Changes.

4. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

So you were still getting the Check for Changes prompt even after updating to v2.0.0-preview? Did you restart your project after updating to that version? Would you be willing to share your project with us so that we can investigate it further?

5. ryanSMASH

ryanSMASH

Restarting the project after updating the version made Check for Changes not come up this time with 2.0.0. The difference is now instead of waiting for the memory to spike after Checking for Changes it happens right away.

I would definitely be willing to share the project if you can fix the issue

6. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

I'm very curious to see why your project is getting this severe memory spike. You can easily share your project by sending me a DM with your project's UPID (the Project ID), which you can find in the Settings tab of the Services Window when your project is open in the Editor or directly under your project's name on the Developer Dashboard's Overview page for your project. We can then make a copy of your project's repo and complete history so that we can investigate it without affecting your own project.

7. ryanSMASH

ryanSMASH

Thank you so much I sent you over the UPID.