Search Unity

Memory Leak Loading Importing Assets.

Discussion in 'FPS.Sample Game' started by dskiller1, Apr 15, 2019.

1. dskiller1

dskiller1

I did everything by the book. aka readme on github
    using listed unity version

when opening project folder unity starts importing fine until gets to importing small assets ,memory instantly starts climbing and uses all my system 32gb memory and pagefile and then crashes with out of memory error.

specs
    windows 10 64bit 19h build
    amd ryzen 1700
    memory 32gb
    nvidia 2070

edit:update
    I installed windows 1809 to a clean partition in dual boot, installed unity and had it install visual studio 2015 and cleared out the library folder in the fpssample folder and open the project in unity and it still during, importing assets, memory usage went high and editor crashed.

I also tried windows 10 and unity in vmware and it opened the project with no problem and then I copied the project over to the normal windows 10 install and unity opened the project, but started getting errors with pipline in LightLoop build and garbage collection and memory usage went high and editor crashed

edit: i been working with this for 3 day, different unity versions. and they all crash on importing assets from memory leak.I tried it on clean install of windows 10 preview insider build and windows 1809 build and clean installs of unity3d.

I was looking forward to learning and working with this project but I cant even get it to open....

edit:

wow holy crackers, I got it to work.
    but I had reclone the project and open unity3d in vmware and when the editor was done importing and opening the project, I copied the project into windows host and then run unity3d and it opened the project and everything is working now.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2019
    Stexe likes this.
  2. dskiller1

dskiller1

updated post