Search Unity

Memory Bomb - The Game That Tests Your Memory

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by Joshbot5, Feb 1, 2013.

1. Joshbot5

Joshbot5

Hello my name is Josh and this is my first Unity Game made with UnityScript.

It is a memory game where you must remember the locations of the red cubes, picture below. Then click on the yellow ones for points, if you click on too many reds you run out of lives.

Update1 : I have added some effects.

Update2 : Experimental Textures, Please tell me what you think.

Update3 : I'm Back! Memory Bomb is now published to Google Play. I Stopped working on it since publishing fees but when Unity released Android and iOS for free I got back to working on it.

Genre

Brain/Puzzle

Platforms

Android

Status

Published!

My goal at the start was to publish this on a website and make money with ads, that didn't work out. I was trying to publish it to Android but the cost was to great. Thanks to Unity releasing android and iOS for free i was able to get my game upload. So thank you very much.

Link https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.Joshbot5sgames.Memorybomb&hl=en

I learned to how to publish my game on a Google Website and run it in a Webplayer. See my reply to " landon91235 " on how too.

I also hope to publish it to iOS soon.

Please note I am not trying to "necro" this post, I hope this does not show up on the main page. I just want to update this to show the progress.

Thank you guys at Unity3d for the awesome engine you have made and the amazing community that is here.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 18, 2014
  2. Joshbot5

Joshbot5

3. Joshbot5

Joshbot5

I have added some Experimental textures for the Cubes. Any feedback or suggestions would be very helpful.

4. akstudio

akstudio

Hey Joshbot5,

Just had a thrash of your game... I really like it... if this was on IOS then it would be a hit. As you have given me so much good advice, I thought I may be able to help on this one...

Your mechanics a great. No change required there. If anything, it is just the GUI interface. Is this designed for IOS? if so, ensure the game play fills up most of the screen. As for the GUI textures, yea they look ok and the colour change when selected is great, but I think further detail is needed. Maybe its just the game title... would you like me to have a go at making a few textures?

Other than that, I think its a great game. One other thing I would add is a leaderboard. If this is going on IOS, then invoke gamecenter! Basically you could have three leaderboards, one for each skill type.

Oh, and I love the exploding block effect!!!

Last edited: Feb 10, 2013
  5. Joshbot5

Joshbot5

Thank you

It is intended to be a Web Game but if I can afford iOS and Android I will try to publish it. I'm still trying to figure out what kind of texture it needs, but if you want to try make a few that would be great.

As for the Leader Board I'm deciding between making my own or use the Dream Lo leader board system.

6. akstudio

akstudio

PM sent with link to image. There are various title options, but I only put one button font option. I have the PSD file so I can modify them to your liking!

About the DreamLo leaderboard, it is really easy to implement, yet I am still waiting to hear on a the issue of multiple people with the same name overwriting each others scores...

Let me know what ya think of the graphics... Also, why not deploy to the Mac app store first and leave the web for beta testing. If you make anything from that, then purchase the IOS license... just an option ;)

7. Joshbot5

Joshbot5

Do you know any thing about posting on Mac app store? Like how much is it to get an account?, What does the game need to be approved?

EDIT: And how do you do it?

8. akstudio

akstudio

To be honest, this is the first time I will be attempting to put something on the Mac App store. I have compiled Unity3d games for IOS and tested using provisioning profiles etc and that's easy enough.

The reason I say Mac App store is that Unity do not charge to create for it (well not that i'm aware of :S ). The only charge you will incur will be the Apple Mac Developer licence (NZ$144). Once you have that I believe it it setting up the provisioning profiles etc and stating details in you Unity3d game... I will definitely give you more detail when I have actually worked it out.

9. Ben Jammin Games

Ben Jammin Games

dude... this is great for a simple game.
    I like the slight animations on your UI and the blocks, and the music makes it so frantic (in the right way)

Like akstudio was saying, your sprites are a little plain, an easy way to fluff them up a bit is to use a circular gradient in photoshop or illustrator to give them more of an appearance of "popping out", you can also adjust it to give the appearance that light is reflecting them.

Also I would consider bevelling the edges to your buttons and adding a bit of drop shadow so they float out, and same thing with gradients. Basically if things appear to be more 3D they just seem more naturally pushable, (like how a button would stick up in real life)

How did you make the puzzles? is it randomized or are they all designed and loaded?

I like the way you handled it too with the fade out back to yellow, the timing is just short enough to piss me off lol

10. Joshbot5

Joshbot5

Sorry for late reply I have been discouraged and distracted.

Thanks for the input on the sprites. I will see about updating them

The puzzles are created randomly with a script.

I was planing on shorting the time to like 20 or 25, So thanks for telling me that.

Also I have updated the game with new music so please tell me what you think.

I also plan on adding the game to Desura
    Link http://www.desura.com/

11. landon912

landon912

Would like to first say the game looks pretty good. Second, how did you manage to get a Unity Web Player working with Google Sites, I could never do it correctly. ;)

Edit :

It would help a lot if you added a wrong block sound, kinda hard to rush and watch the bubbles/lives count.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2013
  12. Joshbot5

Joshbot5

You will need 3 things,

1. A Google Website
    2. Add a gadget by url and use this url > http://astorga-files.appspot.com/unity.xml
    3. Your games Unity3d file that Unity exports when you build it for webplayer

Next

1. Setup your site
    2. Add your gadget
    3. upload the UNITY3D FILE to attachments via manage site. Click the MORE button at the top right corner of your site to find manage site.
    4. Right click the download button and save link address then go to your gadget and paste in the link in WebPlayer Url.

NOTE: this gadget is a bit buggy but it works and its not mine. Also you will not see the MORE button if your in edit mode just view your site while logged into your google account to find it.

Arkade likes this.