Search Unity

MegaSplat - 256 textures in one splat map shader

Discussion in 'Works In Progress' started by jbooth, Oct 22, 2016.

1. jbooth

jbooth

I think the conversion uses the first textures tile data to set the global tile rate- but I don't think it does this per-texture..

2. JBT27

JBT27

Ah right - yes, the textures use different tiling rates. Thanks.

3. markashburner

markashburner

Are you going to update your tutorial videos and documentation anytime soon?

Because megasplat is completely unusable since so much has changed and it's almost impossible to figure out with the current tutorial videos.

4. FuhaoXie

FuhaoXie

New
    Hi Jbooth,
    I have megasplat always works. but recently it dosent work in builder version, No thing have related to megasplat is changed recently. All the artifact I can recongnized,it looks like alpha texture like tree's billboard and dashboard of car's. Do you have any idea of this? which place should I look into?
    megasplatimage.png

5. jbooth

jbooth

I have no plans to re-shoot about 20 hours of video content any time soon. The current workflow and feature set is documented quite heavily in the included documentation, and is always up to date.

6. jbooth

jbooth

Does it survive a library rebuild? Have to checked the textures in the arrays to see if they are correct?

7. FuhaoXie

FuhaoXie

No library rebuild have been done recently, and I have check the list and update the texture array, everything looks fine in editor, but the build version the same issue.

8. FuhaoXie

FuhaoXie

There is one more thing, if I build only one scene ,the terrain is ok , and if I build all the scene this artifact will appear. my unity verison is 5.6.5p3 and megasplat verions is1.64

9. jbooth

jbooth

You should really try rebuilding the library - it sounds like somehow the cached platform specific data is corrupted.

10. FuhaoXie

FuhaoXie

I have figure out the problem. I guess that is somehow visual memory overflow so I reduce the size of some texuture not megasplat, and the problem is gone. I dont know if megasplat have anything depent on size or if it is unity's issue.

11. jbooth

jbooth

Unity has a 4gb limit on textures unless you use Asset Bunfles. So likely you hit that.

unityunity