Search Unity

MegaPixel beta 4

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by forestjohnson, Dec 21, 2006.

1. forestjohnson

forestjohnson

Attached Files:

2. Aras

Aras

Unity Technologies

The game froze when I killed the robot (I guess the robot was just about to die). This was on MacBookPro. Console had lots of null reference exceptions - maybe there's something wrong?

3. forestjohnson

forestjohnson

Those null reference exceptions shouldn't be there but they aren't connected to the robot death. I killed the robot over here with no problems at all.

I am curious, is the sound (especially music) ok? People were telling me it was all messed up and I think I fixed it but I am not sure.

4. Joachim_Ante

Joachim_Ante

Unity Technologies

You might want to turn off doppler, if you are not specifically wanting the effect.

Edit -> Project Settings -> Audio
    Set Doppler Factor to zero.

Music played fine on my machine.

5. forestjohnson

forestjohnson

I already did turn doppler factor to 0 but people still reported sound bugs, so last time I tried making the speed of sound very large.

I fixed the null refrences on the Performance script and hopfully fixed a rare bug where unpausing would cause the level to dissapear, and uploaded new builds.

6. Joachim_Ante

Joachim_Ante

Unity Technologies

I also had a small issue where the high score after submitting it sticked around while playing the next level. It went away after i got to the next level.

7. forestjohnson

forestjohnson

What text stuck around? Were you using net scoring or local scoring?

8. Joachim_Ante

Joachim_Ante

Unity Technologies

The names and scores of the 3 best players. I was using internet high score.

9. forestjohnson

forestjohnson

I fixed it and am uploading a new version.

10. Joachim_Ante

Joachim_Ante

Unity Technologies

In the options menu clicking on the value part of the option (eg. on/off) should also let me change it. Right now i have to click on the name part of the option.

11. guategeek_legacy

guategeek_legacy

I like the way it looks better now. It froze on me in level 4 during play though. I had to force quit the aplication. Here is the detailed exception from the consel if its at all helpful:

Code (csharp):
    1. =================================================================
    2. Got a SIGSEGV while executing native code. This usually indicates
    3. a fatal error in the mono runtime or one of the native libraries
    4. used by your application.
    5. =================================================================
    7. Stacktrace:
    9.   at (wrapper managed-to-native) UnityEngine.MonoBehaviour.Internal_StartCoroutine_Auto (UnityEngine.MonoBehaviour,System.Collections.IEnumerator) <0x00004>
    10.   at (wrapper managed-to-native) UnityEngine.MonoBehaviour.Internal_StartCoroutine_Auto (UnityEngine.MonoBehaviour,System.Collections.IEnumerator) <0xffffffff>
    11.   at UnityEngine.MonoBehaviour.StartCoroutine_Auto (System.Collections.IEnumerable) <0x00027>
    12.   at LookAt.Update () <0x000eb>
    13.   at (wrapper runtime-invoke) System.Object.runtime_invoke_void (object,intptr,intptr,intptr) <0xffffffff>
    14.         Trying to recover from null exception
    16. DETAILED EXCEPTION
    18. System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    19.   at <0x00000> <unknown method>
    20.   at (wrapper managed-to-native) UnityEngine.MonoBehaviour:Internal_StartCoroutine_Auto (UnityEngine.MonoBehaviour,System.Collections.IEnumerator)
    21.   at UnityEngine.MonoBehaviour.StartCoroutine_Auto (IEnumerable routine) [0x00000]
    22.   at LookAt.Update () [0x00000]
    24. DETAILED EXCEPTION END

12. forestjohnson

forestjohnson

Huh. I got that same crash / error from another person. I think it might be caused by some kind of mono error on intel because it has never happened to me on my emac and I saw it today on the intel imac at my dad's office.

I need to look real hard at LookAt.js, no pun intended.

13. StarManta

StarManta

I got the same freeze in the same spot with the same exception.

Still though, this game makes me sad. I have a sneaking feeling Yoggy's going to be wiping the floor with the rest of us....

14. forestjohnson

forestjohnson

I hope I do well but I kind of feel like it's not fair because I had a lot of the graphics and some gameplay figured out before the contest started, and I have the advantage of being at home all the time with my computer.

I updated the build with some graphical fixes and other bugs fixed.

What is sad is I can't find any of the major bugs. I did some stuff that might fix them but I am not sure because I don't know what they are caused by.

15. antenna-tree

antenna-tree

Damn that is sick! Unfortunately I have to report that it froze up on me too... right after the robot wiped the floor with me. It went to the ragdoll and then just sat there until I had to force quit.

Beautiful work though, some of those boss explosions are awe inspiring.

16. forestjohnson

forestjohnson

Once you die you have to press a button to get to the menu. Is that your problem? If the particles were standing still and it would respond to input then it is a crash.

Really sad that I can't even find these bugs :mad: