Search Unity

MegaBundle 03 - 503 Spells VFX

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by NeatWolf, Sep 29, 2014.

?

Which price do you think I should sell this asset?

1. 5$

36.2%
  2. 10$

30.4%
  3. 15$

20.3%
  4. 20$

10.1%
  5. 25$

8.7%
  6. 30$

2.9%
  7. 35$

5.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. NeatWolf

NeatWolf

Well, technically that's their purpose, to be attacks, shields, projectiles, or traps/area effects of some sort. A few (the sprays, the CastFX, the cones, and the shields) have been created with 3rd person in mind, so they *may* not look as good when used at an extremely close distance and right "behind" the effect.
    At least, that is my opinion, haven't tried using them in a 1st person game. Yet, the demo scene that contains all effects allows you to walk and look through all the FX to better showcase them.

Keep in mind that those are Prefabs containing Shuriken particle systems, there're no code or scripts on them.
    The functionality, scripts, spawning, activation/deactivations, tweaks, are left entirely up to the user's creativity, scripting skills and needs. The pack is about and contains the graphical part only.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2015
  2. noanixe

noanixe

Ok thanks for the info, but now just a little question, do you know how to make them be an attack (i'm new to unity and all that so i'm searching for info all the time), like when you click a button it fires the magic projectile? I'm sorry for my noobism ^^"

3. NeatWolf

NeatWolf

Hi,

there's no need to be sorry, everyone of us has been a little inexperienced before getting experienced ;)

Yet, this thread is no place for tutorials and I can't guide you by hand in the world of programming. I could just throw out a few lines of code, but that wouldn't do you any good as you should also know what and why you're using those. You could open a new thread and ask for the specific details; your request is simple, yet too vague to be answered extensively here.

I can anyway give you a hint about the use of this specific package.

Just use the GameObject.Instantiate method (make a google search or search the forum for more info), by also providing the location and initial rotation in quaternions of the spawned projectile as parameters.

Do NOT spawn the projectile with Instantiate without parameters and THEN move it to the desired position, or you'll obtain a trail from point (0,0,0) to the desired position, which is unlikely to be the result you want.

Since you're new in the community and those were your very first 2 posts I suggest you to better search the forums, Unity Answers, Youtube, Google, or the Unity Community in general, searching for example "Unity spawn projectile", and open a new thread if you can't find anything about spawning a projectile. I'm pretty sure you will find tons of answers about this specific subject, just start searching. When starting to program in Unity (but this also applies in general), always search first, in the 99% of the cases you'll find some threads talking about it, especially if it's something basic like what you asked. When learning, Search is your best friend, and only open a new thread if you really didn't find anything about it.

Here's your starting point: http://unity3d.com/community

I hope this could be of help :)

Last edited: Aug 13, 2015
    TRoNDaNeflin and hopeful like this.
  4. noanixe

noanixe

Wow, thanks you a lot! This is a great motivation! Good job with your mod and good luck too! :)

5. NeatWolf

NeatWolf

The package is pending for approval as it has been updated to Unity 5.3.2f1

* Fixed and improved a few textures
    * Small fixes to particle Rotation to keep up with Unity 5.3.2 features

I may soon been going to add some new content, the price could be going to rise accordingly.

hopeful and runningbird like this.
  6. johnlanz

johnlanz

Hi, I already purchased the asset and its great until I see magic arsenal today on featured asset store.
    So I'm using mixamo wizard animation and in mixamo it requires to put 2 magic particle at the hand of the character. And this spell will be cast in either slash, cleave, missile, sprays or blast.
    My point is I think your missing 3 important part of magic or correct me if I'm wrong.
    So first It needs to have a charge particle that we can put in the hands or wand of the character.
    2nd and 3rd you need to have slash and cleave particle for casting this spells.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2016
  7. johnlanz

johnlanz

I was talking about the attach character that the charge particle is in its hand.

Attached Files:

8. NeatWolf

NeatWolf

I'll have a look at it, thanks,
    Keep in mind that this package has been built for reusability, so I'm not targeting any special asset on the asset store.

So, you're asking if I may Include:
    37 new charge up effects, one per element
    37 new slash effects
    37 new "cleave" effects.

That's 111 new spell effects, there are assets with 5 fx which cost the same as this asset, but I'll see what I can do.
    The pack would reach 614 VFX and I may be forced to raise the price a little for new customers.

Could you please elaborate more on each category? I can understand the "charge up" effect, but there could be different implementations of a "slash".
    About the "cleave", I have no idea of how a cleave effect could look like. Could you please describe in detail or provide screenshots, preferably without advertising other assets? ;)

TeagansDad likes this.
  9. NeatWolf

NeatWolf

Since Dropbox...dropped support for html pages, the online sample showcases were not working anymore.

So, I bought a domain and uploaded them there, I still have to build the website, check the updated links in the description of the asset! :)

This also allowed me to get a nicer support email address. It is now support@neatwolf.com if you'd like to contact me directly or leave some private feedback :)

runningbird likes this.
  10. ceemarcus

ceemarcus

Hi Alessandro. unfortunately the interactive pages are down again, could you fix that please? since it seems to be an issue quite so often, perhaps a downloadable version?

11. NeatWolf

NeatWolf

Fixed.
    I'm still working on the website, I was changing the folder structure, sorry for the inconvenience.
    The demo scenes aren't actually part of the product, but I'll think about it.

Please use support@neatwolf.com to get the fastest possible support.

12. NeatWolf

NeatWolf

Hi there everyone!

You may already own this asset, but you could now get all of them in the

UNITY BIGGEST SALE EVER [30% OFF!]
    All my assets picked by Unity to be on sale! http://u3d.as/8GL

I'm still seeing all of them as part of the offer but you should hurry before the one of the last week returns to regular price!

As usual, feel free to leave some feedback here, I'd love to hear you satisfied about the assets!
    If you already are, please leave a nice review.
    If not, I'm here, on Twitter, on LinkedIn, on email, on Facebook, even on Telegram if you wish to, please get in touch and let me make you happy!
    If you're unsure about buying a package, please have a look at the description of each one, which is always featuring a demo with ALL the VFX. No surprises!

PS: some of you may have noticed I slowed down updates a lot lately. This is because of 2 reasons: I've been in crunch time developing this:

and, since Unity is constantly changing and adding stuff to the particle system, I'm waiting for it to be a bit stable and less buggy before releasing updates or new packs! I have more ideas for VFX packs. This time they won't be huge as the previous megapacks, but I'll focus more on less and more complex ones :)

Cheers!

gman likes this.
  13. lorddanger

lorddanger

I have few suggestions if you are still taking suggestions
    Single meteor from sky
    Multi meteor from sky
    Dragon breath long flow of fire from hand or sky
    Ice shards from Sky
    Phoenix arrow : A golden (any color) shoots at the target player skill for archers
    Some push back or ripple effect on ground for the characters with hammer

14. NeatWolf

NeatWolf

Thanks LordDanger!

I took note :)

I'm delaying updates because of the recent very frequent changes to the particle system engine.
    We, really don't want to begin a project with all the transition Unity's going through these months! :)

lorddanger likes this.
  15. NeatWolf

NeatWolf

Hi there everyone!

Just a message to say that the asset hasn't been abandoned, even if I haven't updated it for a while.

The main reason is that I'm waiting Unity3D to get a little more stable with each new 2017 version, since it's constantly breaking and fixing particle systems when they get imported from previous Unity Versions.

There aren't any major issues with the pack but a few prefabs (the most complex ones) may break depending on the very specific subversion.

Now, it's kind of hard for me to create a separate version for each and every subversion, so please get in touch with me if you need some help in fixing some prefab on a specific version.

Hopefully version 2017.3 is going to redefine all particle system standards and I'm going to totally drop 5.x support.

There is some good news tho. I've seen many new packs these months, I learned more about "modern" VFX in general, and I still have several ideas ready.

And no, you can expect something more than just pumping up the particle count to overkill, as I've seen around :)

Even if kept myself from releasing new packs, here's one gif about what's going to happen to the world of particle systems in the next Unity3D iteration (2017.3beta), so I'd suggest to save some money, because many of the currently assets will appear definitely as legacy and outdated after it's going to exit the beta (mostly, surface shaders, lit particles, distortion, fade, PBR/HRD native shaders, and so on).

Many of these FX are currently already possible using 3rd party assets, but they're finally becoming native, with all the possible benefits for all Unity users :)

Stay tuned, and feel free to get in touch with me here or by mail if you'd like to provide some feedback about the asset, it's always welcome :)

Kind Regards,
    Alessandro

16. NeatWolf

NeatWolf

Hi there!

Please be aware that I've just been reported about a shader included in the package to break up in Unity 2018.2 (building for Android):

Code (CSharp):
    1. Shader error in 'NeatWolf/NW_Particle Rim AddSmooth 2S': '' : 'UNITY_PASS_FORWARDBASE' already defined at line 39 (on gles)
    I'm going to look into this right now (shouldn't be anything major to fix), and I'm going to push an update asap.

If you're in a hurry and don't want to wait a few days (hopefully hours) for Unity's seal of approval, feel free to contact me directly at support //\\ AT __ neatwolf.com along with your invoice number, subject "UAS Magic - Fixed Shaders 2018.2" and I'm going to send you the fixed shaders :)

I know I haven't improved the VFXs yet with the new Unity 2018 features, but due to the sheer amount of prefabs, and the constant changes, I may be waiting for nested prefabs to become stable... or release a parallel "advanced" pack in the meanwhile, I'm open to some feedback :)

Best,
    Alessandro

runningbird likes this.
  17. NeatWolf

NeatWolf

Still fixing some prefabs, the error was just a duplicate line, I'm pimping a few prefabs to use the new Unity 2018 features but I'm far from done with updating and revamping the whole asset.
    Yet, I'm going to push the fixes for Unity 2018.0.x asap, and cleaning up stuff like the leftover flare layers in the cameras, adding an example PostProcessing Stack 2.0 profile, increasing particle count, reparenting child PS to the appropriate parent.

Support for Unity 2017 is going to be dropped in a few months. Looking forward to reingeneer a few things once nested prefabs are stable.

There's still an issue when halting the particle systems from time to time, but it's a Unity Bug they told they fixed in 2018.2, but in 2018.2.0 it's still there. (this one: https://issuetracker.unity3d.com/is...not-being-disabled-when-the-player-is-stopped)

18. NeatWolf

NeatWolf

Shader issues solved, now ALL prefabs will automatically adapt to Linear color space appropriately, and they witll Auto-start again. Nested sub-emitters have been recreated (they somehow got corrupted with the update).

Here's a side-to-side comparison of the new Circle_Heal and Circle_Buff, along with the now-meh-yet-to improve Circle_Debuff :p

Hope you like the improvement, feedback is welcome :)

It takes time to pimp all the prefabs but I'm doing it. I decided to not to wait until I'm finished so a new asset update is going to be pushed asap.

I didn't get any news/reply by those who got in touch via Facebook. Please get in touch using the support email for faster reply times :)

EDIT:
    The above Circle_Debuff prefab, enhanced :)
    [Animated GIF: https://i.imgur.com/6pEpo6f.gif ]

Last edited: Aug 4, 2018
  19. runningbird

runningbird

Whoa nice updates love the green circle all of them look good!
    Can't wait to play around with the new update

NeatWolf likes this.
  20. NeatWolf

NeatWolf

Glad to hear you like them! :)

Be aware tho, I won't be able to update all 503 prefabs like that in the next update, each new prefab is taking me about a hour or so to have it working and looking as I'd love to! :)

I'm wondering if it would be wiser to simply create an upgrade pack with the new prefabs only, as the new ones are definitely going to be more complex.

I'm beginning from those that I think could have gotten a bit more love :p

runningbird likes this.
  21. Zafaron

Zafaron

Just bought your Fire and Fog and Magic Spells packs and I noticed that the readme for Fire and Fog is in the Magic Spells directory. I think they were pretty similar though. There were a couple other little things from fire&fog in the magic spells directory too, but I don't remember what they were.

They are very nice looking effects. Looking forward to seeing what I can make out of them.

NeatWolf likes this.
  22. NeatWolf

NeatWolf

Hi there!

Looks like it may be an oversight from my side, I'm going to check, thanks for pointing it out!
    I can also be reached directly for any feedback or requests at support@neatwolf.com :)

Also, for anyone reading, I'm building up a mailing list for giveaways and important news, to allow me to get in touch easily to all who decided to purchase my assets, and others as well -> NeatWolf mailing lists fine-granularity channels (powered by MailChimp)
    That's because maintaining a discord channel is a bit too time consuming for me at the moment :)
    Also, I actually created a dozen of "channels", to make sure you only get what you care for, my very least intention is to spam people. I mean, I'd hate that myself :D
    Opt-in-Opt-Out is definitely easy and GDPR compliant, you all are surely comfortable with MailChimp system. ;)

UPDATE:
    A little TMI parenthesis:

Also, apologies for the delayed updates: I'm in the process of finding a more satisfactory job position relocating outside Italy, as Asset Store sales alone had an unexpected -90% drop from one day to another (!).

I believe I'm not presenting the asset properly, and Unity decided to rise the bar even by looking at the presentation and perceived value to decide how likely an asset gets shown in the search results. Which is perfectly reasonable.
    I've got to update them as well. According to my current taste, the asset store graphics I made are...quite messy, being kind :D

That's... a bit sad to me, those are the very first assets I created and maintained for 4 years and they also have a symbolic meaning to me. I see the mistakes I did as a publisher, and I'm aware of what's in the store: most of what I earn gets reinvested in the store itself. Since I'm delaying to update them all with the new features of the particle engine, they're not aging too well at all. It's not that I don't like spawning gorgeous fireworks ;)

Just waiting for Unity to slow down a bit, since upgrading a thousand of VFXs is way time consuming, since I'm now leaning more to producing more unique FXs. Feel free to share your thoughts :)

I'd really appreciate if you could leave a nice review on the assets, since it really helps boosting back up the sales, and would help me to take some more time to invest on them.

I know this could easily backfire, but I'm just trying to be as clear and transparent as possible with you, I hope you appreciate that.

I'm also very curious to see how these assets have been used during these 4 years of activity :)
    feel free to post them here or send me a link via any way in my signature, I'd love to see them in action, and possibly showcase them if you consent me to.

Best,
    Alessandro