Search Unity

MegaBundle 03 - 503 Spells VFX

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by NeatWolf, Sep 29, 2014.

?

Which price do you think I should sell this asset?

1. 5$

36.2%
  2. 10$

30.4%
  3. 15$

20.3%
  4. 20$

10.1%
  5. 25$

8.7%
  6. 30$

2.9%
  7. 35$

5.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. NeatWolf

NeatWolf

2 New Elements (reached quota 390 FX): Sand and Bubbles! SandBubbles01.jpg

2. NeatWolf

NeatWolf

Big News! The first spell update is online!
    In the meanwhile, I'm working on the next one! :)

50% price as usual :)

big.png

hopeful likes this.
  3. runningbird

runningbird

Of course I purchased this pack as well :) Great work.

4. jvt619

jvt619

Beautiful! Wish I had my paypal now so that I can buy this glorious asset :). Wish you would add Free limited asset too for people who can't buy yet.

5. NeatWolf

NeatWolf

@runningbird great! If you really enjoyed the asset please leave a nice review! ;)

I honestly wouldn't know what to put in a free package. If you want a good sample of the effects I built a Showcase (DEMO) also in my signature. C'mon, 10$ is a deal and you'll also receive future updates!

Talking about showcases, I'm building a second one, which goes per-element.
    This means that you'll be able to see ALL effects of a single element at a time. There are 33-35 elements now!

showcase2.jpg

hopeful likes this.
  6. jvt619

jvt619

I know :). Still waiting for my card so that I can buy this awesome assets.

7. NeatWolf

NeatWolf

Polished the secondary per-element showcase, watch it in full glory by clicking on the
    WebPlayer Demo 2
    Showcase2_02.jpg Showcase2_03.jpg Showcase2_04.jpg Showcase2_05.jpg

If you haven't got it yet, it's still on sale 50%!
    STORE

hopeful likes this.
  8. hopeful

hopeful

I don't know if this is on your list, but it occurred to me that another "element" you might add would be something based on the colorful sparkles you have around the edges of DEMO2.

I think girls will probably like the brightly colored flower effects and prismatic effects, and I bet they would also like twinkling sparkle effects.

9. NeatWolf

NeatWolf

Yes, I was thinking about adding a "generic magical sparks" effect, it can be useful to have.
    I think I'll be pushing this update soon. Then I think I'll add mixed elements elements e.g.: fire+rock= meteors and so on.
    Maybe Bats, or hail, there is still space for improvement ;)

The prismatic effect has actually been added mostly for Dungeons&Dragons fans ;)

10. Frpmta

Frpmta

What software do you use to create the sprite sheets/effects?

11. NeatWolf

NeatWolf

Lots of patience and effort is the best software ;) Gimp, Photoshop, every software is able to achieve these results I haven't done anything technically advanced, it's not the software that does the magic ;)
    Carefully chosen brushes, stock images and a little hand of a friend from time to time made the difference.
    I'm not using any particular tool to build the sprite sheets.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2014
  12. NeatWolf

NeatWolf

BIG NEWS!
    Version 1.7 with 400 Spell FX has been officially pushed to the Asset Store,
    a few days and they will be yours!
    big.png

13. NeatWolf

NeatWolf

After Sand, Bubbles, Meteor, Stars, Glitter, here comes the next element: Smoke!
    It's still a work in progress. Smoke01.jpg

davbar9 likes this.
  14. NeatWolf

NeatWolf

Next Element in the works: Goo! Goo01.jpg Goo02.jpg

And here's Smoke in its full glory:
    Smoke02.jpg

15. b4c5p4c3

b4c5p4c3

Hi NeatWolf

I don't know if u still taking requests but could you please add something like this effect (Black poison with bubbles)

Thanks

16. NeatWolf

NeatWolf

It's a variant of the poison element that's already in the pack. Here's "Circle01_poison_alt"
    Poison_alt01.jpg
    It's circular... over time.

Now I only need to modify the whole set to black and green, give me some time :)
    It will be in the next update.

17. NeatWolf

NeatWolf

@b4c5p4c3
    Done, I created a whole new element poison_alt (alternative) for your request.
    Here you can compare it with the default poison element.

DEFAULT:
    Poison01.jpg
    Request:
    Poison_alt01.jpg

Poison alternative.
    Poison_alt02.jpg

18. NeatWolf

NeatWolf

The goo element is complete!
    Here's it in its full glory!

Goo03.jpg Goo02.jpg Goo01.jpg

19. b4c5p4c3

b4c5p4c3

WOW cool thank you

20. NeatWolf

NeatWolf

Next element in next update will be: Lava.
    WIP.
    Lava01.jpg

21. NeatWolf

NeatWolf

A lava projectile leaving its burning trail Lava02.jpg

22. NeatWolf

NeatWolf

Working on the Energy Magic Element! Energy01.jpg LavaEnergyWalls01.jpg Energy02.jpg

hopeful likes this.
  23. NeatWolf

NeatWolf

The Energy Element is complete! Energy03.jpg

24. Deleted User

Deleted User

Is there a Fireball, Iceball, and Earthball (kinda like a stone/boulder) in this pack?

25. NeatWolf

NeatWolf

@supremegrandruler
    Short answer: yes :)
    Long answer: there's a projectile, wall, hitfx, shield, long cone, wide cone, castFX1, castFX2, Circle (Area of effect), pillar (modular wall) for each of the element in the package
    the elements are (or will be in the next updates):
    Acid, Arrow, Bio, Blood, Bubbles, Buff, Crystal, Darkness, Death, Debuff, Drain, Earth, Energy, Fire, Flare, Flower, Gamma, Glitter, Goo, Heal, Ice, Lava, Life, Lightning, Meteors, Negative, Negative_Alternative, Poison, Poison_Alternative, Positive, Positive_Alternative, Prismatic, Psionic, Sand, Silence, Smoke, Sonic, Stars, Sword, Tech (WIP), Void, Water, Web, Wind.

And for each element there's a "ball" (projectile)

Have a look at the first of the two demos in my signature and search for Proj01_fire, Proj01_ice, Proj01_crystals, Proj01_earth to see if you like them, or use the second demo to watch all effects grouped by element.

DEMO1:
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/45747146/WebPlayer/NWParticleFX03/NWParticleFX03.html

DEMO2: (per element):
    http://j.mp/FXDemo03E

On the right you can see all the "balls" for each element. Each one leaves a nice trail.
    Projectiles01.jpg

Last edited: Oct 30, 2014
  26. NeatWolf

NeatWolf

Tech Spell set: complete! You'll find it in the next MEGA 500++ Spell update! Tech03.jpg

Tech Shield:
    Tech02.jpg

Tech Blash (long):
    Tech01.jpg

27. Deleted User

Deleted User

Thanks NeatWolf. Just one last question--Can they be used for mobile games?

28. NeatWolf

NeatWolf

Sure, they CAN be used but depends on the target platform. On an S3 (top gamma 2 years ago) the demos run just fine.

But the package hasn't been developed with mobile in mind. The simpler effects surely will run. Some others like the Element Lava or Tech or Energy are probably going to give you a hard time with older phones.

I can build just for you one of the demos for Android if you want to judge yourself. Just tell me which one and the target android version

29. ddfire

ddfire

Hi,
    How can i control the speed? the bubble wall is like TOO fast at least in my opinion.... is there any way to make it move slower?
    And for the sword wall how can i make it wider? like to cover the whole door?
    Thanks!!!!

30. NeatWolf

NeatWolf

Which door? hehe :p

Sword: Click on every gameobject and sub gameobject of the wall (Wall01_sword, Wall01_sword_alt, Wall01_sword_alt2). Every time you select one of those, in the Inspector look for the Particle System component. Search for Shape.
    You should read Box: 0, 5, 0. Change the 5 to the amount you want for each of the 3 elements above.

I suggest, if you make the wall twice as long, to double the emission value for each element, otherwise it may be too sparse.

Bubbles: for each of the 3 topmost gameobjects of the effect halve the Start Speed in the inspector, its min and its Max and double each lifetime. Play a bit with the values until you're happy. If you reduce the speed you'll also reduce the height. To rise the height increase the lifetime.
    Bubbles.png

31. NeatWolf

NeatWolf

@ddfire for the swords wall, a quick and dirty solution is to chain 2 or more walls, they're modular! (also pillars are meant to be modular) :)

32. NeatWolf

NeatWolf

All 500 FX of the incoming update in a single video!

33. NeatWolf

NeatWolf

big.png

UPDATE HAS BEEN SUBMITTED FOR APPROVAL, STAY TUNED!​

34. Barachiel

Barachiel

I look forward to checking out the tech effects and seeing what I can make them do. =)

35. NeatWolf

NeatWolf

Update accepted (that was fast!) and online!

Enjoy the new elements and variations!

big.png

36. hopeful

hopeful

I was looking at your banner, above, and part of it reminded me of a clock face. Which made me think: maybe you could make some sort of "time" spell effect?

I don't have anything clearly in mind, but if you decide to make something that looks very clock-like (or hourglass-like), I recommend making an alternate that is more abstract, but still suggestive of a timepiece.

Probably there would be both speed-up and slowdown types. An abstraction might be to have a pair of concentric circles, the inner one lighter than the outer one, with two protruding angular shapes of different length to suggest hour and minute hands (I visualize the time set to 1:07) and possibly a hair-thin second hand opposite. It could pulse in thin bands outward from this symbol and have sweeping hands (it would be fine to rotate the disk, I think; no need to move the hands at different speeds) to suggest speed increase, or draw inward in thicker bands (like the Silence effect) with non-moving hands to suggest speed decrease. This idea would be most easily realized in the "circle" format and "hit" format. I'm not sure how you would handle the rest (cast, beam, spray, pillar, wall).

Last edited: Nov 7, 2014
  37. NeatWolf

NeatWolf

Thanks hopeful, I'll consider that for future updates ;)

38. hopeful

hopeful

Hmm! Something got updated in the Spells FX kit today. Anybody know what it was?

39. georgeamex

georgeamex

Hey NeatWolf, great selection of fx! It'd be really helpful if you could build an APK of the demo showcasing all the spells (basically package up the one you used for the youtube video).

40. djgriff

djgriff

Hey is this compatible with Unity 5?
    if it is, I'm buying it!

41. NeatWolf

NeatWolf

Hi Djgriff,

I'm working on a few projects and I have a tight schedule so I haven't personally tested them in Unity5.
    All them *should* work, and I haven't received any complaint so far, so I believe it's all ok!

As soon as I'll be able to get to creating Unity content again I'll make everything to require unity 5.x to work, but I'm still supporting 4.x for now (and, potentially, 5.x, untested)

It would be nice if people owning the pack shared their personal experience with 5.x here :)

42. hopeful

hopeful

@djgriff - Particles are completely unaffected by the changes from 4.6 to 5.

EDIT: Just to be sure, I loaded the demo scenes for this kit and so far as I could tell everything worked normally. (Unity 5.1)

Last edited: Jul 4, 2015
    NeatWolf likes this.
  43. djgriff

djgriff

awesome thanks

44. mwozniak93

mwozniak93

Hi,
    Can I easily scale those particles prefabs?
    Or Do I need simple p[article scaler, or sth like this?
    Will this scale these particles corectly ?:

Cartoon FX Easy Editor

45. NeatWolf

NeatWolf

Hi,

Particle systems have been created with aesteics in mind while trying to "keep it as simple and lightweight as possible", yet some of them may also be a bit complex for some particle scalers.
    There are tools in the store that promise to scale properly particle systems, but I don't own them.
    My guess is that in some cases some manual adjustments may be required.

46. metiss_

metiss_

I just bought your package. I am trying to add blast01_stars in my 2d Game. I want it to start from left of screen towards right. I rotated it but it goes behind my spirte background. How to fix this?

Attached Files:

47. NeatWolf

NeatWolf

Hi, the particle system you're talking about is very simple, and doesn't use any custom shader, so this is more a Unity related issue than a package related issue.

Anyway, with the little info you gave me this sounds like it's a shader z-sorting related issue. Probably the shader you're using for the trees gets drawn before any other particle system.(create your own temporary particle system or use another, does the problem persist?)
    You could try applying the particle system a custom shader with a different drawing order, or you may try doing the same with the shader of the trees.
    Make sure the distance of the origin of the particle system is actually closer to the camera than the one with the plane with the trees.
    If the trees and the particle system get drawn in the same rendering queue, you may try tinkering with the zorder field under the Rendering tab of the particle system to see if something changes.

48. shino-kaze

shino-kaze

Hi NeaWolf is your pack ready for Unity 5?

49. NeatWolf

NeatWolf

Hi Shino-kaze, I'll quote myself:
    As you can read by scrolling up in the posts in this page, it *seems* to be working fine and there are no complaints, but I can't still guarantee it personally. This is what Hopeful said:

50. noanixe

noanixe

Hello, I have a question:

I'm really interested in your mod, but is it possible to make your magic an attack, like, an ability in a first person camera? Beacause i want to use this fantastic work for my game! Great work! (It's a 3d fantastic first person game)