Search Unity

1. Unity 2020.1 has been released.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Good news ✨ We have more Unite Now videos available for you to watch on-demand! Come check them out and ask our experts any questions!
    Dismiss Notice

Mega-Fiers. A mesh deformation system - RELEASE

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by SpookyCat, May 18, 2011.

1. SpookyCat

SpookyCat

That would be the Vertex Paint modifier http://www.west-racing.com/mf/?page_id=1292
    It should work on Skinned meshes but the modifier requires a colldier to raycast against and for a skinned animated character that could be an issue.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2019
  2. SwiftIllusion

SwiftIllusion

Hoping to ask, I've been trying to use Mega Ripple for a makeshift wind effect on my tree tops, which I like and mostly works, however when a new tree is spawned/brought out from a pool, it seems to 'pop/snap' weirdly momentarily, even though its settings don't seem to change.
    Is that related to https://forum.unity.com/threads/meg...ion-system-release.89750/page-38#post-1827860 I saw, or is this a separate issue?
    I've tried every combination of settings for it I could imagine but couldn't find anything that worked.
    On a separate note, unless I have 'dynamic mesh' selected, when the prefab the branches are a part of starts at scale 0 it loses its mesh filter target.
    Would really appreciate some help/suggestions for this.

3. SpookyCat

SpookyCat

@SwiftIllusion Could you possibly submit a support ticket at the website and maybe send a link to a video showing what you are doing and the problem, I can take a look for you then. Also not sure I understand the second question, again if you could outline the steps to recreate that in the ticket I can look into it.

4. ledbetterman

ledbetterman

Hey SpookyCat. Wanted to give you heads up of an issue I've run into using the Mega Melt modifier. When I try to modify the amount on the modifier, Unity locks up for a second or more while calculating the resulting mesh. I think this is due to an issue with the editor script for that particular modifier because when I change the same values via script, I don't see the same performance issues.

5. SpookyCat

SpookyCat

Hi There, not able to recreate that here and not had any other reports, if you could submit a support ticket and outline the steps to recreate the problem that would be helpful.

6. WimB

WimB

Hi @SpookyCat

I am using unity 2019.1.14f1 with Megafiers and getting the following error

ets\Mega-Fiers\MegaCache\Scripts\MegaCacheOBJ.cs(99,46): error CS0117: 'Application' does not contain a definition for 'isWebPlayer'

My target platform is android

Any suggestions please
    Regards

7. rubble1

rubble1

Hey, I've been checking this out for bit, I love how you've brought to Unity a lot of the nice things that you have in Max or Maya. I wanted to know about the path/spline features.
    Suppose I have some cartoon characters, with rubbery arms. Can I attach a spline/path's points to an external object, like say a character's bone?

8. SpookyCat

SpookyCat

Not sure I quite understand, but a MegaShape is a gameobject lika any other so it can be added as a child to any object. If you want to link a spline knot to a gameobject position then that would be a simple bit of scripting to just use the MegaShape.MoveKnot method.

9. SpookyCat

SpookyCat

Only a few hours left to grab MegaFiers at half price :)

10. SpookyCat

SpookyCat

11. rubble1

rubble1

Hey, these are really cool. Is there a way to have these deformers affect collisions?

12. SpookyCat

SpookyCat

You can tell the system to update the mesh colliders if you want.

rubble1 likes this.
  13. FamilyGamesTime

FamilyGamesTime

I own megafiers, is it possible to make a squishy ball (sphere) of clay that you can poke your finger into and it leaves an indented circle? This has had me stumped for a long time now.

14. SpookyCat

SpookyCat

@FamilyGamesTime - Please submit a support ticket at our website and we can help you out.

15. abramelingames

abramelingames

Hi @SpookyCat

I have opened several tickets with my invoice number from your website and I have not yet obtained support. Could you check it please.

There are many problems that I am encountering with your assets, I hope you can help me solve them.

16. SpookyCat

SpookyCat

Just submitted a small update to MegaFiers to the Asset store, this makes MegaFiers fully compatible with Unity 2019 and 2020.

ledbetterman and Ony like this.
  17. cloverme

cloverme

On the melt feature, is there anything to make the melt effect affected by another gameobject/mesh?

ledbetterman likes this.
  18. SpookyCat

SpookyCat

Small update available in the Asset Store that now gracefully warns you if you are trying to modify a mesh that is not readable. In previous versions of Unity all meshes could be read and changed with no problems, but recent updates to Unity changed that and by default all objects are imported as non readable which meant if you tried to deform an object it would vanish and the console would show an error saying the mesh was not readable. Now you will see a warning in red in the inspector saying you need to change the import settings for that object. Once that change is applied the Warning will go away and the mesh will deform as you need.

ledbetterman and MikeUpchat like this.
  19. Anisoft

Anisoft

Heyo, I was just checking out this asset and it looks amazing.

I had a question related to it. I've been working on a custom base character rig in blender. It's purpose is to ideally be used to create both female/male characters from (and sharing the same skeleton), as well as modify features, muscles and proportions. I was also hoping to achieve the ability to have clothes work automatically to whatever customization someone makes. I was originally looking into blend-shapes in blender, however discovered that they require merging modifiers (something I'd hoped to avoid)

My question is do you think this asset would be capable of helping me with this problem? I saw the Daz3d example and was impressed to see the ability to merge between female/male as well as change so many attributes. However I'm unsure if this can also apply to a custom blender model

unityunity