Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[Released] Mega-Fiers. A mesh deformation system - RELEASE

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by SpookyCat, May 18, 2011.

1. Drowning-Monkeys

Drowning-Monkeys

This is what i get with Mega Attach... is this correct? Because this is not what i was hoping for.

Attached Files:

2. SpookyCat

SpookyCat

The attach system is just that it attaches an object to the surface of a deforming mesh it does not deform that mesh along with it, to do what you need try using the Wrap system or apply the same deformation to the text or combine the meshes together then apply the Page Turn modifier.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2018
    Flurgle and Drowning-Monkeys like this.
  3. SpookyCat

SpookyCat

Just submitted a small update to the Asset store and our web store. We have completely rewritten the MegaWrap mapping system, this means even for complex meshes the mapping should now be almost instant as opposed to in some cases taking an hour or more to compute the mapping data. Let us know if you have any issues with the new system.

Changes in v3.44
    • Complete rewrite of the MegaWrap mapping system, now takes less than a second for complex meshes as opposed to an hour in some cases.
    • Remove some unused objects from the package

Ony and Akshara like this.
  4. Drowning-Monkeys

Drowning-Monkeys

@SpookyCat I'm experiencing the craziest bug when animating a scroll either in timeline or just a regular animation. I can adjust the scroll info, or bend info, and the scale, but not the transform's position. When the editor is paused everything seems to be fine but in playmode the darn thing won't move. What might be causing that?

5. SpookyCat

SpookyCat

That is the way the script has to work, you are free to move the object in the YZ axis using the normal Unity move gizmo for the X Axis use the inspector Wpos x value.

6. Drowning-Monkeys

Drowning-Monkeys

that
    right - i saw that and disabled it, but that's not my problem. I can't move it on any axis.

7. SpookyCat

SpookyCat

What did you disable? Moving fine here.

8. NK_Skittles

NK_Skittles

Hello Unity Megafier Peoples, I have been scanning the comments here trying to find a fix to a problem I seem to be running into, thankfully I have seen a couple people from a few years ago ask about this, but I couldn't find a solution after that problem was brought up.

The Problem: I have an Model that has multiple sub objects, with the parent object also having Blend shapes. Exporting it as an FBX and bringing it into Unity was successful, putting the bend Modifier on the parent object and one of the sub objects also SEEMED successful. The problem came when I tried to drag the parent object back into my project folder and thus make a prefab... At this point it either crashes my unity or causes the mesh to drop from the two objects that have the bend modifier applied (all the other mesh's ). I am using Maya 2016e2 to get my FBX, just in case that might be helpful.

TLDR: Megafier Bend script is causing the Mesh in "Mesh Filter" and/or "Skinned Mesh Renderer" to be disconnected and cleared when I attempt to take the file from the scene hierarchy to the project folder, thus resulting in those fields registering as "none" instead of the respective mesh it had originally.

9. SpookyCat

SpookyCat

@NK_Skittles - Please submit a support ticket at our website and we can help you out.

10. applicattura

applicattura

@SpookyCat I wanted to ask you about the tire deformable scene. Is it added to any assets?

11. SpookyCat

SpookyCat

@applicattura - It is not currently included in MegaFiers, it is a full procedural tire system with a custom shader to get the effect and we are using it in our own game project but will be releasing it when our game is near release (we want to use it first) it will likely form the part of a complete car system with dozens of custom system for advanced car systems from custom physics, through tire deformation, windscreen wipers, tire marks, smoke etc etc. Keep an eye on our website for news on that.

led_bet likes this.
  12. applicattura

applicattura

You can call me in the middle of the night when it gets released :D Is there any place I can get more info about your game, really curious of your portfolio?

led_bet likes this.
  13. SpookyCat

SpookyCat

Submitted a small update to the asset store, this makes MegaFiers fully compatible with Unity 2018.2 and removes all warnings when importing to Unity 2018. We also fixed a small bug in the Mega Hose system which would mean the hose updated every frame even if the end points hadn't changed.

Changes in v3.45
    • Fixed bug in MegaHose and MegaHoseNew which could cause Hose mesh to update everyframe.
    • Some changes for latest Unity 2018.2 release.

MikeUpchat and Ony like this.
  14. spraho

spraho

Hii,
    anyone know any tutorial on exporting .pc2 / .mdd from blender to Megafier-Unity ?
    It' should be straight forward but i got errors in Unity
    saying "Mapping Failed".

Thanksss

15. SpookyCat

SpookyCat

@hermitb - Please do submit a support ticket at our site and we can figure out what the problem is for you.

16. SpookyCat

SpookyCat

Another quick update to fix issues with the Point Cache Animator and Morph Animator components where the editor script could cause a crash due to a missing GUI call. We also added a requested feature to the Point Cache modifier that allows you to skip the first frame of the imported animation if you want, it seems some packages that generate .mdd files add the pose file as the first frame to the animation.

Changes in v3.46
    • Fixed the missing GUI call in the Point Cache Animator Inspector script that could cause Unity to crash.
    • Fixed the missing GUI call in the Morph Animator Inspector script that could cause Unity to crash.
    • Added option to Point Cache modifier to ignore first frame in playback, since some mdd files seem to save a pose frame as frame 0.

17. SammmZ

SammmZ

Hey! I submitted a lot of support tickets in previous month but never get a reply. (I specifically ask to give me a sign if you even see my messages, but it looks like you don't :( )

18. SpookyCat

SpookyCat

Just checked and I don't see any tickets that have not been answered in May, which email address would they be from?

19. SpookyCat

SpookyCat

Found your ticket and I have replied, problem was no invoice number was included.

20. AlfieBooth

AlfieBooth

Hi, apologies if this has been answered before; I have searched extensively.

In my project I wish to add MegaPointCache and MegaModifyObject to multiple separate objects via c# and then load each modifier with its corresponding .mc file, also via the script.
    Could you please tell me if this is possible, and if so, could you point me in the direction of how it may be done?
    Obviously I'm fine loading the components to the objects, It's just the adding of the .mc that alludes me.

Thanks in advance.
    Alf

21. Stickeyd

Stickeyd

Hello. This month I sent a mail with questions which I have to consider to decide if I'll buy the asset. Should I wait more to receive the answers or is there no response to it because it considered a mail with questions which should be in a support ticket? Email is mikhailkudelia@gmail.com

Last edited: Jun 19, 2018
  22. SammmZ

SammmZ

Hello. Just a quick check, did you get my 9 july e-mail about MegaCopyObject.DoCopyObjectsChildren issues? Seems like you stop receiving my e-mails again.

EnriquePage91 likes this.
  23. TechnicalArtist

TechnicalArtist

Can Megafiers work with Skinmesh renderer?

24. SpookyCat

SpookyCat

@3d_Artist1987 - Sorry for the delay, for some reason just dont get notifications or posts sometimes. Yes all the modifiers work with skinned characters though one thing to remember is if you deform a vertex too far away from its controlling bone it will lead to artifacts.

25. SpookyCat

SpookyCat

Just submitted a very small update to the Asset store this fixes an issue with Unity 2017.4 that stopped the spline editing from working, so if you don't use Unity 2017.4 you don't need to update this time.

Changes in v3.47
    • Fixed an issue which stopped spline editing from working in Unity 2017.4

26. spraho

spraho

Hi, just submitted a ticket a few days ago, just want to you to know, thanks in advance

27. newfinalflashers

newfinalflashers

For some reason whenever I add the modify object component to my skinned mesh, all of the blendshapes in the skinned mesh component disappear. Even though I can wrap the clothes afterwards I don't have the option for blendshapes available. Also when I delete the modify object component the blendshapes appear. What should I do about this @SpookyCat

28. SpookyCat

SpookyCat

If you can submit a support ticket at our website outlining the problem and steps to recreate it, also if you can upload the fbx files you are suing and include a download link that will be useful.

29. Dobalina

Dobalina

Hello! Question... I'm wanting to bend a mesh along a spline... but also bend it's mesh collider in unison. Does MegaFiers support bending mesh colliders?

What I'm trying to do is line up a series of custom road meshs with collision and have it bend along that spline. I have physics driven vehicles that drive on the road, thus the need for bending mesh collision.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2018
  30. SpookyCat

SpookyCat

@Dobalina - MegaFiers does have the option to update the mesh collider for the object it is deforming, the video below shows the objects mesh collider updating but one thing to note is it can be a slow operation on complex meshes so if you were wasnting that to happen at runtime in realtime each object should not have a massive amount of vertices or you will see a performance hit, but if you are just wanting to bend a section of track and have its collider updated before driving on it then that should not be an issue at all.

31. ARUNVIGNESH

ARUNVIGNESH

Hi , Im using Mega-fiers since last week and Im facing a issue like, when i try to make my combined mesh model for a wave kinda animation my mesh gets deformed/ torns out of shape, but animation happen to work good , but it torns out the mesh into a different shape even before i enter playmode !!. I have attached MegaModifyObject and MegaWarpBind to my combined meshmodel and a emptyobject with MegaSinusCurveWarp component attached with same transform of combined mesh model and dragged it onto WarpObject of MegaWarpBind!!.

32. SpookyCat

SpookyCat

@ARUNVIGNESH - If you could submit a support ticket at our website and include the steps you are taking and some images showing the issue we can take a look for you.

33. Hubi_C

Hubi_C

Hi,
    MegaFiers looks really amazing, but currently I'm only interested in the Path Deform Feature. The whole package is for my purposes a bit fulsome. Is there by any chance a package which only has the Path Deform function?

34. EnriquePage91

EnriquePage91

Hello Mega-Fiers staff,

I contacted you through the support link on the websites that you often require us to ask questions through.

My question was about The wrapping system no longer working with Skinned Mesh Renderers.

It's been around 5 days and I have yet to get a reply, I'm a bit short on time and would really appreciate if we could speed this issue up a bit.

Should I message you again through the support link?

PS: I did include my invoice no.

35. SpookyCat

SpookyCat

Hi There, yeah I saw the ticket and I am looking into it, no changes were made to the Wrap system apart from speeding up the mapping of it so I am not sure what you were doing before but whatever it was there should be no reason it should not work now. And the rest of your question is about adding new functionality, we do often add new functiuons or features but they tend to happen at their own speed as they usually need a fair bit of coding and testing so it is not an overnight thing.

36. EnriquePage91

EnriquePage91

The only difference is I am not using Mega-Fiers' proprietary format for the Blendshapes, instead of using Mega Morphs I am utilizing the blend shapes directly acquired from the Skinned Mesh Renderer. The new updated is supposed to enable us to not necessarily rely on Mega Morphs to utilize the wrapping system, as far as I understand, however this last part (using the blendshapes from the SMR instead of using Mega Morphs) does not work with the wrapping system. I am modifying the blendshapes of my mesh directly through the SMR however the wrapped objects' vertices are not getting recalculated.

Perhaps you guys have only implemented this functionality on Mesh Renderers at the moment (the fact that we no longer need to rely on Mega Morphs)?

Other than that, I am not doing anything differently! I am most certainly sure there's gotta be an "issue" with Skinned Mesh Renderers and the wrapping system. I can successfully add and configure the wrapping on the SMRs (just as before), however i cannot make it react to the blendshapes of another object with the wrapping system.

I'll be very thankful with any help you can provide; from the programming experience I have I would suspect this should not be a "hard thing to fix". However, naturally, I have no idea.

It is really good to hear that you've looked into it already I was afraid my mail had gotten lost in the inbox.

Thank you.

37. TimeTours

TimeTours

We bought this for Point Cache, but then realized we have nearly 1GB of vertex data. Stupid idea, but I am sure we will put the extension to good use anyway.

First I made a round softshadow texture for under a firepot to avoid realtime shadows. Looked a little boring, but, voila - put a noise modifier on it an now it flickers with the fire - awesome!

38. SpookyCat

SpookyCat

@TimeTours - With the point cache modifier you don't need to import vertex data for every frame, the Point Cache modifier allows you to choose to do a bezier interpolation between frames so you could just import every 15th frame say and let the interpolation do the rest or even more depending on your animation.

39. TimeTours

TimeTours

Thanks Spooky, I read about that. But first we need to reduce the amount of data anyway, it is like 90sec of looping stuff and much too high poly.

But the better way would be to convince our artist to turn the cloth to bones anims, there is a reason why that is the common way.

40. mehrankan

mehrankan

Hi,
    Is it possible to use megafiers to add bend to static meshes. I primarily want some mesh-based terrain objects and I want them to have slight curve/bend. But these objects will need to be light mapped, be statically batchable, and basically be have like terrain (physics and all). Can megafiers help in this regard?

41. SpookyCat

SpookyCat

Just submitted a small update to the asset store, this makes MegaFiers fully compatible with Unity 2018.3 as well as Unity 2019.1 beta.

Changes in v3.48
    • MegaFiers is now fully compatible with Unity 2018.3
    • MegaFiers is now fully compatible with Unity 2019 beta
    • Added new option toe MegaModifyObject inspector context menu called 'Mesh Changed' so if you need to change the mesh in the filter do so then click that to update everything.

led_bet likes this.
  42. SpookyCat

SpookyCat

Quick note, there is a bug in the MegaWrap system which after a long time I have finally managed to track down and fix, so if you are having any problems with the Wrap system not mapping nicely send over a support ticket and I can send you the fix until such time as Unity accepts the update in the asset store.

43. EnriquePage91

EnriquePage91

Hello Chris, does this fix the issue with the wrapping system not working on Skinned Mesh Renderers?

This is essential to our workflow and although your package is great, it is literally the feature we bought the whole suite for. Unfortunately, for the past 6 months or so, the feature has been missing (it used to be there before the Wrapping system re-write, however the re-write made it so that you could only use it on Mesh Renderers that weren't skinned).

This would be a blessing if it has been addressed already, as it is essential for our clothing system for procedural characters.

Thank you so much,

Enrique

led_bet likes this.
  44. yy9517822

yy9517822

hello,
    about the morphing system, can it morphing object with two different amount of vertices?
    Thank you.

45. BBB_brunoma

BBB_brunoma

Hi Chris,
    Just updated to v3.48 and it looks like you missed a spot when adding 2019 defines in MegaCopyObjects.cs
    Also, after updating to 2019.1 I'm having an issue with loading up the MegaMorph component;
    I had to move the base class into its own file to fix the problem.

46. SpookyCat

SpookyCat

I will get that sorted in MegaCopyObjects for the next update, odd it never showed up when I was submitting. Also there is a MegaMorphBase.cs script already so you should not have needed to add one. I will check that out as well.

Edit: There is a new version in the store which should fix those issues.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2019
    BBB_brunoma and MikeUpchat like this.
  47. BBB_brunoma

BBB_brunoma

I've been running into issues when upgrading my prefabs that have morphs from unity 2018.2 to unity 2019.1.
    I'm not sure if it has anything to do with the new prefab workflow or if something maybe changed with the mesh import settings, but the mapping is broken; the morphs are a jumble of random triangles.

Removing the morph component, remapping everything and re-setting all the targets seems to fix the issue though.

48. SpookyCat

SpookyCat

Not sure that is something I can have any control over, perhaps submit a bug report to Unity as it is still beta.
    Sounds like Unity is changing the vertex order when updating the assets to the new Unity, maybe check you don't have optimize mesh or something on.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2019
  49. dullboy

dullboy

Hi there.
    Without completely reading through this thread, can you tell me whether I could use your Softbody System on a character with skinned mesh renderer that could collide with obsticles in the world?

50. DigitalAdam

DigitalAdam

@SpookyCat

Hi, what modifier do I need to use to effect the surface of a mesh? For example, if I run my mouse cursor over a mesh and press the mouse button, I know there's a way to bulge the surface and set a time limit to smooth it back to the original.

Also, will that work on skinned meshes too? Thanks!