Search Unity

Medium social link

Discussion in 'Unity Connect' started by Deleted User, Sep 26, 2017.

1. Deleted User

Deleted User

I use Medium for blogging, so it would be nice to have that in the social links.

2. markp-unity

markp-unity

Thanks for the idea technicat, we'll look into it. Do you see yourself promoting some of your Medium content on Connect or vise-versa?

What kind of things do you plan on posting on Connect?

3. Deleted User

Deleted User

I just blog randomly on Medium, although I have it split up into "publications" so Unity stuff tends to go into one publication. Medium is my replacement for tumblr (which was my replacement for Wordpress).

So far I'm using Unity Connect as my LinkedIn replacement for my personal portfolio/resume and for my company portfolio (click the link in my signature and you'll see what I've got there). All my company and client projects and misc, e.g. I just used the Showcase feature to display company logos and the article feature for an old postmortem (in addition to one that got migrated from Unity Connect). The postmortem is actually in Medium and on Gamasutra, so I guess there's a question of whether it's better to link to the originals or just copy into a Unity Connect article like I just did.