Search Unity

Games Meditation Hypnotherapy Software

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by Starpaq2, Aug 30, 2013.

1. Starpaq2

Starpaq2

Launched the first complete iteration of the app as of Aug 23, 2013

-Removed Link - (no longer exists)

$small_pic.jpg

This is my first official venture onto the mobile platform.

I will use this thread to keep anyone informed on the detailed development.

A Big Thank you to Unity Developers for providing Mobile free. I could not do this with out you!

What is it?
    Hypnotherapy and Meditation wrapped up into an innovative app. This software derives from months of research to provide an unique live like audio session. It is intelligent in the way that the app guarantees a complete experience beginning to end no matter what allotted time you choose. Anywhere from 5 minutes to 60 minutes.

There is more to do and Explain
    I'm self educated (thanks to community resources) and still always running into obstacles and new goals. It took 2 years to get this product to where it was between day job, family, and another game I'm developing. It turned out to be beneficial because the 2 products I am working on are vastly different. I was able to cross reference what I learned from making the app to making my game. This also prevented too much fatigue/boredom from occurring because the projects were different.

Lesson: If you must work on 2 projects, aim for different genres or categories to stave off boredom.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2017
  2. Starpaq2

Starpaq2

Free Version (installs 10-50)

Since launching the app the installs have been quite low. 80% of my expectation were ... expecting this to happen. The other 20% wished that the app miraculously garnered a viral audience.

There are way too many apps period to expect movement by doing a stealth launch. When I say stealth I'm referring to publishing the product with out any publication of the development. I'm sure if I had outlets that I teased with the development for the last 2 years I would have an good explosive install immediately.

What Am I going to do?
    Well I'm still new to this. I have several stages of plans to iterate. First thing I needed was a small install base to make sure there are no known bugs or view the retention of installs. I killed 2 birds by posting in Reddit. This not only garnered a small amount of traffic but I was able to get great input and criticism.

From Reddit: (user doneddat)
    What kind of feedback do you use to track the progress and find out what's actually working and what's not? I didn't see anything about that in the screens or description. What's there to be even intelligent about, if not about the feedback?
    And then you have toys like emotiv head gear, which should be already a lot more fun and precise, probably able to tap into more detailed suggestions like "imagine yourself going" or confirming any number of other responses.

This made me realize that getting social is also crucial to development. I'm still stuck in the old ways of releasing a product or game and you either like them or not. Our audience is smart and will eventually know the software better than the maker. Forums, twitter, facebook, reddit or any other social outlets should not be avoided.

TapforTap what is that?
    www.tapfortap.com
    I decided earlier today to incorporate Ads for the free version. However, it is not very wise to do so with out the money required for advertising. Tapfortap appears to break those barriers. I have not had time to see the results. But based on my initial experience I highly recommend it. It was child's play to embed into the app with the amazing Unity plugin they have. Also there is absolutely no cost required and best of all it can be used to drive installs.

I had to make this decision before I ventured out to obtain the core of my audience / installs.

Well i will end it hear. Will keep this update now and again.

Lesson: Social Outlets is a crucial, stealth launches are not useful, finished app is not half the work!!!

Last edited: Dec 2, 2017