Search Unity

Medieval Starter Kit

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by arteria, May 11, 2011.

1. arteria

arteria

Arteria3d have just launched a Medieval Starter Kit which actually contains 4 arteria3d unique medieval packs into one project pack allowing fast prototyping of authentic medieval scenarios. The pack also includes 10 music tracks from our sister music site arteriamusic too

This pack is for a limited time of one week only.

Product page to purchase:
    http://www.arteria3d.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=Medieval+Starter+Kit

Enjoy

Also with many starts and stops for the release date of the character site due to the complexity of quality of what we will offer, the date has been forwarded to this forthcoming Monday for release, and this is set in stone!

2. arvzg

arvzg

Looks fantastic, and very lucrative at a very nice price, especially since I am making a fantasy-themed RPG at the moment. Can we see more screenshots? Better yet, a webplayer demo for at least one of the packs

edit: You have demos for your other packs. I assume this is a culmination of a few of those other "Historical" packs you have?

Last edited: May 12, 2011
  3. optln

optln

Hello. Do these packs have normal and specular maps for the models? I couldn't find information about it on the page. And a probably stupid question: The site's help page mentions shipping. You just give a link for downloading right? :D

4. arteria

arteria

HI

All packs are digital download

Example wise, these packs are made from the existing packs on my site and packaged for this promotion - there are demos for the medieval village pack, and medievl worldbuilder pack - although the med worldbuilder demo is a few years old.
    ALso to note - you get a horse free to replace the existing horse in the medieval worldbuilder pack, due to the age of when the original horse was made. He has retired now!

Links to demos:
    Medieval Worldbuilder Pack - showing lots more pics:
    http://www.arteria3d.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=Medieval+WorldBuilder+Pack

Also a demo on the bottom of the page to test out.

Medieval VillagePack:
    [urlhttp://www.arteria3d.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=Medieval+Village+Pack[/url]
    Demo for PC and MAC

The Market town link page(although no realtime demo)
    http://www.arteria3d.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=Medieval+Market+Town

Also for people who purchase today, you can choose one further pack for free, and also a discount on my LIFEITME memership

Best wishes

Steve

5. Skulltemp

Skulltemp

SOLD! I am buying it RIGHT NOW then :)

6. arteria

arteria

Thankyou!

7. Skulltemp

Skulltemp

No, thank YOU!

If it wasn't for Arteria3D, I would never have thought it was possible to create my own video games. Although I've never needed any products and am still just doing 2D stuff, lol, the sole fact that YOUR SITE was the reason I got into game development.

I remember thinking "I can't do everything. I will need graphics if I want to make my medieval game. How can I do that?"

Your website and 3drt's website made me say, "Omg, I can afford it, and these will be great!"
    Although I did end up becoming a graphics artist ANYWAY, lol, so I never needed any of that, the two websites were the entire reason I thought it was possible for me to make a game.

It gave me the inspiration as an indie developer that I don't need a billion dollars and crack team artists to develop my game. There ARE options for us indie developers.
    So really, the moment I saw this amazing deal AND saw it was from YOU, I immediately made sure this happened, lol.

THANKS!
    While I was a future game developer at the time, it's been well over a year and I can sign this now, in part thanks to you,
    -Current Game Developer

8. arteria

arteria

WOW.. those are beautiful words - im humbled

Steve

9. Hans

Hans

Steve is it on the FTP site ?

10. arteria

arteria

Yes Hans, this is a collection of the medieval packs i have done

Best
    Steve

11. cubez

cubez

Hi Steve, how would this free pack and discount work? Some kind of coupon code for the shopping cart? :)

12. arteria

arteria

Purchase the initial pack, then let me know via email(yertari@msn.com) which pack you would like

13. 2dfxman

2dfxman

Damn for 50$ this is a steal. This is how you price models.

14. Socrates

Socrates

These models look fantastic. Does the Medieval Starter Kit include all of the models from those three packs (Medieval Market Town, Medieval WorldBuilder Pack, Medieval Village Pack) or is it only a selected portion of those models?

15. arteria

arteria

HI

The pack contains ALL the models from these 3 packs, and the pack can be used royalty free as many times as you wish in your projects - no further royalty payments
    Also im ending the membership discount offer to people who get this pack tomorrow, so be sure to consider the membership option also.

Contact me at yertari@msn.com for any enquiries on the membership or this offer

Best

Steve

16. arteria

arteria

One new pack we have out next week to coincide with the character site launch and release of many animated animals is a medieval farm pack, with lots of buildings all with interiors, plus props, and of course the animated animals to go with the scene.

steve

17. Jaimi

Jaimi

Do you have any pics of the upcoming farm pack, Steve?

18. arteria

arteria

HI,

All the building models are done, but nothing laid out in a unity scene.

Email me if you require further details - i can send some pics over. The pack even contains a blacksmiths, timbre yard, beehives, and loads of props to make an authentic village.

email: yertari@msn.com

19. Mirace

Mirace

Where in FTP site i can find this pack? whats name of folder? Nice pack btw :)

20. arteria

arteria

HI Purri,

PLease email me at yertari@msn.com and i will link you direct

Best wishes

Steve

21. BloodWraith86

BloodWraith86

awesome deal

What kind of characters (medieval, modern, army guys, terrorrists, knights, peasants, etc??) are going to be release for the 3Dcharacterworld website when it is up? Like, what will be the first ones?

22. arteria

arteria

HI

On launch, there will be over 25 animated animals - deer, donkey, fox, cow, hen, lamb, ram, sheep to more exotic animals such as elephants, rhino, bison, zebra.
    Character wise there will be lots of medieval NPCS, warriors, knights, assasins, plus modern day and sci fi characters too.
    Also a nice section of horror mythos type characters for people into the hp lovecraft style

Best wishes

Steve

23. MaliceA4Thought

MaliceA4Thought

So no surprise its now Tuesday and still nothing right?

Might be time to start looking at options here.

Regards

Moria

24. arteria

arteria

It was frustrating for me to post original launch dates, and for sure things have gone on longer than i expected. Ive been my own worst enemy in respect of the launch date, as keep increasing the character launch rostor, which then further delays the launch date.
    Im hoping you will all see something any day now - ill keep you posted.
    I want the release to be top quality and very usable, but as for options - if you mean by me making some kind of decision - yes, im releasing this week, with the characters i have finished, and wont delay any further - i can always add the other additions to the store over the forthcoming weeks.

Best

Steve

25. brn

brn

At the prices you are offering your assets, I think we can afford a little patience :)
    best of luck with it!

26. arteria

arteria

Thankyou brn. I want the new character site to be welcomed with open arms by the community, and a valuable resource. Alone i think the animal characters will be of great use to almost everyone!

Steve

27. MaliceA4Thought

MaliceA4Thought

Your missing the one other very important factor.. reliability.

One release on time with others following is a much better approach than continual promises of increased wonderment and vapourware.

Quality includes making and maintaining a release schedule and proving existance of product that has been paid for.

I'm very aware that the price is right etc etc but for those signed up to specific packages for certain reasons, when those reasons and promises fail, not once but regularly, then so does the willingness to support and recommend.

Ultimately some people may even attempt to redress the situation.

I would recommend that 3 months or more of promises of "new site appearing next week" and "become lifetime member and you will get x, y, or z by so and so date" need to be fulfilled and quickly where people have prepaid some hundreds of dollars for something that appears to not exist 3 or more months after it was promised.

Regards

Graham

28. siflandolly

siflandolly

I agree with brn that some flexibility is in order with the generous price for all of the hard work that obviously went into these art pieces. However, I'm curious if it would be possible to incrementally release the pieces that are finished so that people could begin using them?

Chris

29. arteria

arteria

I guess i just wanted to launch everything or more or less everything on one day - which has obviously not worked out to my good favour.
    Graham - please email me - what im going to do is just that - over the next few days ill upload to an ftp area what i have finished, and link all members to the content. thats a good idea siflandolly

Best

Steve

30. siflandolly

siflandolly

Glad to help

31. BloodWraith86

BloodWraith86

I disagree entirely. While I see the whole "I'm a lifetime member, but where is my content?" the lifetime subscription for those BEFORE the store release was probably a huge deal and savings-- something that is so significant in savings and value, it completely justifies the long wait. ESPECIALLY when Arteria3d has been around for longer than I've been developing games, and has always been reliable.

I work in 3D graphics, animations, and video game artwork. Quality includes postponing release dates. Do you know WHY Blizzard and every MMO since the beginning of time constantly pushes back their release dates, even sometimes years? To produce a quality product.

The best of the best, the highest quality products, the most skilled individuals, are always pushing back release dates. I know, because I do it all the time. I told people I was going to release a website for my game and showing off characters "soon" in January. Now it's May, and I'm still not ready. Why? Because of quality. I could have released in January, but the quality would have been pathetic, the game's success insignificant, etc. Now though, my quality has improved dramatically-- and so has my game, and my characters and game features.

The longer you wait, the better it will be-- bigtime. This is why AAA developers produce true quality. You wouldn't ever lecture Blizzard on how quality includes making and maintaining a release schedule and proving it isn't vaporware. Why? Because they produce some of the most polished, high quality products in the market. Arteria3D and um, 3Drt are two of the only 3D modelers I know of on the internet that make their own stuff. Turbosquid sells OTHER's stuff, so that doesn't count.

I am actually VERY glad it is what it is. Now when it is released, since I am a lifetime subscriber, I will be so overwhelmed by the amount of content (I already am, that was an INSANE amount of animals and character types in his reply!) I will be more than satisfied with my purchase.

In fact, when I read 25 animals, I was shocked. I knew he said alot, but WOW. Then when I read "medieval NPCS, warriors, knights, assasins, plus modern day and sci fi characters too" I was satisfied with my purchase, and lastly when I heard of "a nice section of horror mythos type characters" I said to myself "Holy Crap that is awesome. This might be one of the best deals ive ever made."

I had no idea they would have mythos!
    I thought the website would have like, idk, 5-10 characters. To have 25+++ was quite a shocker.
    I just about threw up with surprise, lol.

32. MaliceA4Thought

MaliceA4Thought

I appreciate that your view may be different from mine, but I have been in business long enough to disagree :)

Quality NEVER includes postponing release dates, however it makes for a good excuse. The seven P's come into play here.

The seven P's are Proper Planning and Preparation Prevents Piss Poor Performance.

That's the excuse again.

Only if it does arrive.

Yes I would, and yes I have and have witheld subscription until what was promised was provided.\ as have others.

Until release there is no content. You will be satisfied WHEN it arrives.

I will be very happy when something arrives. Until then it's a bit like an MMO thread.. gonna be great and wonderful.

I have no problems with Arteria, and the stuff I have seen seems very reasonable and very good and hard though it may be to believe, I am a supporter and I am GLAD I have a lifetime membership. I also understand that peoples standards improve and things get better as time goes on, but thats where product updates come into play to update older releases.

Thats why Unity is now version 3 not version 1.

If your observations above were held to, then there would be a lot of people on this forum reading about how wonderful Unity will be, but it's still not ready yet.

Marketing and Promotion for a business not only require an appreciation of the product but the ability to build and deliver on a reputation. Promidsing and not delivering are reputational disasters with similar significance to Data breaches. They lead to a lack of trust.

Ultimately this will not deter all people, but will deter some, and in a difficult world, you need every customer, not just a limited nimber.

I know that this is all indie and not big business, but all big business started as small business and built that business by delivering, comitting and working on both quality and reputation.

Personally I would prefer to see Arteria become big business and go from strength to strength.

Whilst fairly severe in my comments, I would hope that this thread has raised an awareness that in the most dangerous starter times for a small business, that reputation is as important as product.

Regards

Graham

Last edited: May 18, 2011
  33. Demostenes

Demostenes

I must agree. It is far better to make small releases often, then one huge which is postponed 20x. This is especially frustrating for people, who already paid. When I am doing bussiness with somebody, reliability is most important aspect for me. When I promise something, I must be able to fullfill that. This is fundamental for any long-term bussiness relationship.

I have one comment to quality. Arteria is really good bargain for the price. I am lifetime member and I am quite happy with this content.
    But there is lots of "technical" problems to consider this real AAA quality. Bugs in UV mapping, most of textures are real joke (unmodified photos on white backgroud)...Steve made quite good technical progress in last pack (I am glad, that he is working on himself), but it is far from perfect yet and majority of older packs need reworking.
    If I compare Arteria with Dexsoft (lots of packs looks similar ;) ), I must say, that Dexsoft content has higher quality in all aspects (not perfect too, I had some comments too), but higher price too.

34. arteria

arteria

I must comment on this last post. very unfair. I spend alot of time visiting the locations to take photographs, from which i then make textures from.
    I never quite understand the comments about photographs being used - that is the basis for my work, i prefer photoreal, or in the attempt at photoreal.

with the photographs i then spend a large ammount of time blending images, making sure ambient light is right, and that the textures look good. The white bakground is simply.. what the images are placed on

Steve

35. houndie

houndie

No worries Steve, you won't be able to please everyone all of the time and anyone that has actually used your art and product know the truth and will stand by your quality. But yea it will be nice to have a place to go to for the characters and a place to log into and check on updates of product rather than just an ftp site. Makes it hard to keep things in order and each time you release something we have to wait on the FTP site for it and sometimes things don't make it :)

But all in all the money I have put into your business has been well worth it even the stuff that I've not yet gained access to I know will be good!!

36. BloodWraith86

BloodWraith86

Well he mentioned that Dexsoft isn't perfect either, so it seems that is the type of person who will not be satisfied with anything, and will always have complaints. I'm sure he has plenty to say about Blizzard's or EA's textures and graphics too, lol.

I think all of it is great. But I guess if it has a white background, it's complaint-worthy :p

37. jasonkaler

jasonkaler

I had my eye on both Arteria and Dexsoft and decided to buy this pack from Arteria because of the special.
    I must say, I'm very happy with the quality

38. psyclone

psyclone

I have purchased stuff from both sites, and find them very similar in quality. However the packs I have used from the Arteria label have been much easy to use and integrate with my stuff, than the Dexsoft ones.

However Dexsoft has much more Sci FI related stuff......

39. Demostenes

Demostenes

Using photographs is of course OK, I like realism too. But quite often you do this very piggy way, even wihout cleaning texture from items, which shouldnt be there.

40. Demostenes

Demostenes

Actually blizzard, EA and other professional developers are my etalon of technical quality. If you knew something about modelling for games, texture and material optimization, normal map generation etc, you would never write such nonsenses.

Last edited: May 19, 2011
  41. arteria

arteria

Like any artist in any field, its a learning curve pretty much all your life - when i look pack at the legacy packs now which are 4-5 years old of which i used to give away free with the membership, i kinda frown now! compared to what i have achieved in recent packs. I love what i do, and have a thriving desire to make better and better content. IN the new few packs i release, im sure you will see standards raised even more, and this is the way it should be.

Best wishes

Steve

42. MrDude

MrDude

@Arteria
    You said you are releasing your stuff this week, definitely this week. 3 more days to keep your word. I recommend sooner rather than later.
    The natives are getting restless and need something to distract their attention! :)

I predict riots before Sunday :p

43. Warrior1424

Warrior1424

Do these buildings have interiors?

44. arteria

arteria

Last edited: May 19, 2011
  45. Warrior1424

Warrior1424

When does this pack deal end?

46. arteria

arteria

47. Warrior1424

Warrior1424

Just purchased!

Thanks again Steve!

A. Schaeffer

48. MaliceA4Thought

MaliceA4Thought

I have and am still awaiting a response......... ????

Regards

Graham

49. arteria

arteria

Graham, i emailed you yesterday, immediatally as you posted on the forum. I remember there was an initial problem with your mail when we first spoke some months back, when i was sending you the links - can you check againplease - i have also resent.

Also thanks to warrior for the purchase just now, much apreciated.

50. Warrior1424

Warrior1424

My Character Controller can't walk up the stairs
    :(