Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Medieval adventurer 3D model (23 animations) screenshots webplayer!

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by dogzerx2, Nov 24, 2011.

1. dogzerx2

dogzerx2

Hey!

I made a character for the asset store, hopefully the first of many, I want to stick to this style of character for a while!

EDIT: The package has been accepted into the asset store!!
    http://u3d.as/content/dogzer/adventurer-character/2td

The package currently contains:
    • 3d character model, tri count is 3220, and a 1024x1024 texture with normal map.
    • Sword and shield.
    • 23 animations! (compatible with 3dsmax's biped)

Animations are:
    Idle, walk, run and sprint in both free hand and sword holding version. Strafe left and right. Crouch, with crouch walking, running, strafing left and right as well. 3 Sword attacks, and a sword getting stuck on enemy or tree, etc. 2 dying animations, a jump animation, and a sword stance idle animation.

If you have requests, critiques, questions or any comments about this package please email me at dogzerx@hotmail.com

Here's a link to a webplayer animation showcase scene: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/11214337/adventurer/WebPlayer.html

Hope you enjoy it!

Last edited: Nov 25, 2011
  2. pixelsteam

pixelsteam

Looks very, very good!!!
    Great job.

Do you do custom work?

3. Yusuf-AKDAG

Yusuf-AKDAG

Very good work again! :)

4. dogzerx2

dogzerx2

@Yusuf: Hey! This is my 2nd model character in the asset store, hehe! Thanks! My previous character was too cartoonish! But I want to stick with real human proportions from now on.
    I'm thinking about making more characters with the same style, so they can be used together in a project!

Last edited: Nov 30, 2011
  5. p6r

p6r

WOW ! Fantastic character !!!
    Yes it's important to create several characters with the same style for an entire world ! (We can't don anything with one character in one style !)

What is your cartoon character in the asset store ??? I like cartoon characters... But like for this one we need several with the same style.

6R

6. Dabeh

Dabeh

That is a great looking character. I love it, but the animation with "SwordStuck" does his feet need to do that? Looks good but maybe have him try pull it instead with his feet locked on the ground?

7. dogzerx2

dogzerx2

@p6r Certainly! Even with human proportions, the style is hard to match with random stock characters like this one!
    You can easily match most character to, say, a critter/moster/animal, but when put together with another human, it's easy to tell there's a difference in style! Using actual human proportions helps finding other matches, but the best thing for customers is to get a whole pack of characters! It takes time though, so it's probably going to be 1 at a time until I can gather a pack of at least 5 or 6 characters!

Hehe, yeah his feet is in the air in the demo! You should pretend he's placing his foot on something solid, like a tree, or an enemy soldier/criter, etc.
    I'm really open to suggestions like this one! I'm considering including a version of this animation with foot on floor and/or adding an animation that goes for the character that's getting his sword stuck on, so they can be played together.
    For the time being the sword stuck animation works mainly on wall, trees, solid stuff!

In any case I'll post here any future updates! Thanks!

8. moctezumagames

moctezumagames

looks really good for only 3200 triangles. Good job.

9. erenaydin

erenaydin

Awesome!
    but how about the price?

10. dogzerx2

dogzerx2

THANKS! :D
    @bisaniyehocam: I was thinking 20 bux, and see what happens :-0
    And maybe set it to 25 when I finish the amour plate version of it!

Last edited: Nov 24, 2011
  11. erenaydin

erenaydin

nice price, make sure i will buy it :D

edit : are you selling 3dsmax version also? I wish to have the biped max file.

12. dogzerx2

dogzerx2

Oh, well, I forgot to include them on the package I submitted earlier today! But I shall include them in the update I'm planning! Will make it a standard for next packages to have the max files as well!
    I'll let you know here when the max files are on the package and they're available!

13. dogzerx2

dogzerx2

14. dogzerx2

dogzerx2

Last edited: Nov 26, 2011
  15. dogzerx2

dogzerx2

16. nipoco

nipoco

Truly awesome. One of the best Assets Store character models, I've seen to date. Hope you get a lot sales.

Cheers!

17. dogzerx2

dogzerx2

THANKS!! I reckon characters are not the thing that sells the best, but it's what I enjoy doing most! I hope as well these sell well, I want to do many characters!

18. ArenMook

ArenMook

You are a really gifted animator. Best animations I've seen on the store to date. My only suggestion is tweak the 2nd death animation to make it a bit slower. He falls down awfully quick. Also the sword-related animations are perfect, but having a shield would imply that the shield would be brought forward, not the sword (you defend with a shield after all, not the sword). But hey, for $15 that's a steal. Heck, I have no plans for an RPG but I'm still picking this up. :D

19. ArenMook

ArenMook

Picked it up, a couple more suggestions: you can save some texture space by combining the sword's texture with the shield. They both have a lot of unused space. You can also save more texture space on the main character by not mirroring the texture (left side looks just like the right side after all). You can also make unity auto-import the character's animations by following the @ convention like so:

adventurer.fbx <-- main character
    adventurer@idle.fbx <-- idle animation, will be appended to adventurer
    adventurer@walk.fbx <-- walk, appended as well

...etc. I hope this helps. :)

20. parnell

parnell

Dang! Can't wait to look at these. I'm on my iPad so I can't view
    the animations. You might want to make a YouTube video for those that can't download the unity player. I'll most likely buy this tonight...can't wait!
    B

Ps where's the 2d side scroller camera for the soldier dude? :)

21. andorov

andorov

The character looks great :)

Do you know if your other characters will also be fantasy/medieval themed?

22. dogzerx2

dogzerx2

Yeah! I want to make enough to make a pack, a single character is not very useful. I figure it could be used as fancy placeholders to show your projects around, or maybe for a personal projects as well. But I think for characters, it's best to have a whole set to choose from, with the same style and aesthetics.

I'm currently working on this guy, kind of basing myself in shadow of the colossus, and that guy from princess mononoke! I was thinking I could make a horse to go with him or something, that'd really make it interesting.

23. dogzerx2

dogzerx2

Hey, great tips!
    No reason not to combine the sword and shield! And I'll try to improve the die2 animation! But I want to keep the impact sensation, like he was just hit real hard by a heavy weapon!
    I wanted to add a few sword specific animations, like crouching and strafing, and make the showcase animate the corresponding animations weather he's holding the sword or not! This way I'll avoid those sword clipping! (And maybe add some sound?)

The shield animation suggestion makes a lot of sense. I actually did the animation first, and thought about adding the shield later, but I can easily mirror the animation and do the necessary tweaking. Also, adding a shield defending animation should be really easy, and it really needs it!

I'll get to work this evening on that!

Last edited: Dec 1, 2011
  24. dogzerx2

dogzerx2

Oh boy! Sorry about that! The soldier script didn't even get to v1.0 Scripting is incredibly time demanding (for my brain at least) But what you ask is actually not that hard to do at this point, I did major adjustments to the soldier script so it'd be easy for me to do 2d side scroller and even rts modes, but I haven't added those yet! All I need to do is make a script for the camera, which is really easy for 2d, and modify movement control for the characters a bit, and that'd be it!

Good idea about the youtube video! I was going to make one, but I thought the webplayer was a better way to inspect the animations, but I forgot about people not able to download the webplayer!
    I'll make one after I do the sword animations, so they get included in the video!

Last edited: Dec 1, 2011
  25. andorov

andorov

I like the archer :)

What do you think your other characters will be?

26. dogzerx2

dogzerx2

Thanks!! :D

I haven't thought about the other characters yet :-0 maybe a barbarian type of character? But I'm open to suggestions.. keep in mind this takes me a lot of time! So they won't be ready in at least some weeks!
    I might also take a break and do some scenery elements, I've been wanting to do some trees... rocks, fences, etc! But for now I have to focus in doing some fixes for this current character, and working on the archer!

27. andorov

andorov

Perhaps a female spellcaster? For maximum variety :eek:

Out of curiosity, how long does it take to do a character like this?

28. parnell

parnell

Crossbow animation would be awesome (as I could swap it out for a gun!)
    Caster mesh/animations would be great too!
    B

29. ZJP

ZJP

GOOD WORK :)

I am pleased to read that you work on the "soldier" script. Do not forget a biped riged 3dsmax version. A full helmet would be nice. He would hide the "cartoon face " :D

JP

Last edited: Dec 2, 2011
  30. huxley

huxley

I bought this character and the quality is really outstanding. For additional characters, I suggest sticking with traditional RPG class types. Mage, Rogue, Healer. Keep up the great work, really look forward to seeing some more of your characters.

31. EskemaGames

EskemaGames

dogzerx ¿tienes alguna fecha para ese pack? the model is more than amazing :)

32. Lypheus

Lypheus

Hoping for a backwards walk and backwards crouch movement animations :).

33. dogzerx2

dogzerx2

@Eskema: no tengo una fecha, lo siento! Trabajo en los personajes en mis tiempos libres, cuando puedo! Estoy por terminar el 2do personaje, por cierto!

^lol, translation: I don't have a release date for the pack yet, I work on them whenever I can! Sorry! 2nd character is going to be ready soon, btw!

@Lypheus, Replied to your mail! Thanks for the suggestions! :D

@tinyutopia: Thanks!! I agree with you! I'll keep that in mind as I keep working on it!

34. jonkuze

jonkuze

just purchased Knight Character Asset, how do I attach the sword to the Character with Armor?

35. napster

napster

Nice character, animations looks good so far :)

36. blaize

blaize

Looks really good, i love the style of your characters :)
    Would be great if you could also add a climb animation. i think it would suit an adventurer character like this.

37. BalazsBalazs

BalazsBalazs

Hello

I have a problem with Chest.
    When I play the Open animation on chest, the chest change the position and teleport anywhere..
    How can I fix this?

38. jonkuze

jonkuze

This is thread is totally ancient lol! *BUT because I think this Adventurer Character is probably one of the most loved, and popular Character Asset i've seen used by Unity Community I thought i'd make a nice little demo using this guy with my UnityAGK: Action Game Kit! Check it out! Lots of Fun! = )

- - - > Unity Webplayer Demo < - - - *powered by UnityAGK

$1.jpg

$2.jpg

Last edited: Nov 1, 2013
  39. arteria

arteria

Great character, well done!