Search Unity

MediaPlayer8 - all-purpose, streaming & caching support

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by xucian, Mar 27, 2017.

?

What's the next platform you'd like us to support?

1. Windows PC

56.3%
  2. iOS

40.6%
  3. Windows Phone

3.1%
  1. xucian

xucian

Hey. I responded you on the email. Will post here when the cause will be found (to let other users know if they have a similar problem)

Hey.
    The debug info string there is currently only used in an unreleased variation of MP8.
    The simple version of MP8 (the one released), doesn't write anything to that string. What info would you like to know?
    I'm not sure it'll be possible to gather everything, but I'll try.

-- Lucian

2. ghasedak3411

ghasedak3411

3. xucian

xucian

Hey. I had to do it via a native C++ plugin, and only for Android. But I cannot share the sources.
    But there may be better options out there, if you have the time to search. It's been a while since I've researched anything on this subject. Cheers!

-- Lucian

4. bharathrajad

bharathrajad

Can you add rtsp/udp stream support ?

5. xucian

xucian

Hey. Probably in the future, but no I cannot provide an ETA

-- Lucian

6. xucian

xucian

Hey,

Like you said, it seems like you could solve it by tweaking the texture's params, like the mipmaps param.

You can search for "CreateExternalTexture" and you'll find a line in MediaPlayer8.cs where this is done. I see we're using mipmaps by default. I'm thinking of adding a field to MediaPlayer8 component to control the mipmaps parameter. In the meanwhile, feel free to add it yourself and make sure to analyze the diffs from any upcoming updates to keep those changes.

Hope this helps!

7. DPRH

DPRH

Hi,
    Any possibility to add playback speed control to plugin?
    Thanks.
    Dmitry

8. P_jvillar

P_jvillar

hi,
    Is it posible to use as a source a bite[] stream in h264 instead of a file/url?
    thanks
    Javi

9. xucian

xucian

Hey. Not directly with the current implementation. May I suggest you use an intermediary file for this? I know it's not prefect but if you already have the bytes buffer, might as well write it to a file in real time. The player should handle it, provided that the format of the bytes are made for incremental reads. The only problem you need to look for is disk space. Not a perfect solution, but could be enough

Hey. Android: should be already possible by accessing the native exoplayer part via AndroidJavaObject/AndroidJavaClass, but you need good native Android knowledge and the exoplayer's API.
    I wasn't notified about your message, sorry. It's already too late, but I respond anyway: yes, there's a Surface object created on android side which might interfere with this

10. Hosnkobf

Hosnkobf

Hi,
    I have seen that you are not supporting DRM but from your comments 5 years ago, it looks like you actually got it working on *some* devices... I really need this feature for a project which has only one target device (HTC Vive Flow). Couldn't you simply release it as experimental feature, so I can try if it works on my device?

11. abaa0101

abaa0101

hey dose it support live stream (.m3u8 format) on ill2cpp build for android ?

12. xucian

xucian

hey, don't know how I've missed this message, but I'm pretty sure my 5-year-old finding won't work on newer devices. hardware-level stuff is a nightmare in terms of compatibility. I had a colleague helping me on this area, but he move on to other projects since.

that's a valid question, I dm'd you a voucher so you can test it. just post back your findings for the community, win-win. :)

13. xucian

xucian

Hi again!

Just checked and it works! I've updated the description to highlight this.

I've also released a patch to fix the arm64 version (i.e. most devices these days) not being enabled by default (you had to manually tick it in inspector).
    Probably some users have already figured that out, but now it should work out of the box.

1.4.1 here

Dance_M likes this.
  14. HEESUK

HEESUK

Please understand that it is used as a Google translator
    Hi. Working on using Android native video.
    By the way, there are green pixels on the right side of the resolution, so can you tell me why?
    It appears at 2560x1440 and doesn't appear at 2304x1440
    May I know why the texture has green pixels? upload_2023-12-12_15-46-14.png

xucian likes this.
  15. sclipcea

sclipcea

Hello,
    the app crashes when i play the demo scenes, right when i press the Start button (on an Samsung S10+ with android version 12).

In Android monitor i get this errors:

16. xucian

xucian

interesting, I haven't touched the demo project for a while, have you managed to get the full plugin and fix this?
    also, have you tried with another video, another format, different encoding setups? this is the first time I'm seeing it

17. xucian

xucian

hmm, I'm not seeing anything relevant for solving it. are you using the latest version?