Search Unity

MechCain!

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by bliprob, Aug 22, 2008.

1. bliprob

bliprob

Look out, Obama! MechCain at your six!

2. boomaster_legacy

boomaster_legacy

I love it! Waht's it for? It's pretty funny.

3. bliprob

bliprob

technicat started the ball rolling here with his McCain maze. It's not really for anything, and it's making me miss deadlines, but I can't stop messing with it. I suppose I'll enter it into the Green Screen Challenge.

Web player here.

4. Deleted User

Deleted User

How about a coop mode with the VP candidates? (a Biden-bot?)

5. bliprob

bliprob

As soon as McCain announces his veep candidate, four player is a possibility!

I don't have much time to fool with this but today I imported a US heightmap as a terrain. Aside from texturing, it's pretty good, but I have this problem with the mech walking through the terrain.

It's got a ridigbody with gravity on, and a mesh collider. Each step it goes a little deeper into the terrain. Does anyone know why this might be? If I can't figure it out soon I'll have to bail on the accurate US terrain, which would be too bad.

6. bliprob

bliprob

I was hoping to have this playable by the start of the convention, but I got crazy busy with real work this past week. Maybe I can work on it this weekend. Anyway, the game now features voters!

The terrain is from a US heightap, and there's a spawn point in each state (roughly placed). "Voters" spawn at each point. You collect "votes" by chasing the voters down. Some naturally gravitate toward each player, while some are independent.

Right now it's just counting voters you catch, but I figure the scoring should count both the popular and electoral votes.

Obama's gun shoots "hope" (in the form of fuzzy hearts) although I haven't really figured out what that'll do yet. I'd like to let the players get into a furious gun battle, but my kids want to play this, and my wife doesn't approve of serious gunplay.

(On the other hand, my 9-year-old daughter insists that I give Obama a gun for "change" that fires pennies, nickels, and dimes.)

Sadly I think McCain's choice for vice president doesn't help this game at all. A nice Romney-bot would have been fantastic. Yet another letdown by a politician.

7. Deleted User

Deleted User

I don't know, I think Palin may have some game character potential, at least in shooters - a google of "Palin gun" returns snippets like "gun-totin' mama dooms Obama" (nice rhyme), "gun-toting slayer of the bridge to nowhere" (that would be a nice destructible prop), "gun-totin' wolf-slaughterin' anti-Feminist" (world of possibilities there), and (from the LA Times story below so it must be true), a "gun-toting, mooseburger-eating former Miss Wasilla"

http://www.latimes.com/news/politics/la-na-mccainveepbio30-2008aug30,0,2159346.story