Search Unity

Mechanim walk animation without motion?

Discussion in 'Animation' started by kblood, Mar 17, 2014.

1. kblood

kblood

Hi,

I am a programmer, and I am trying to make mechanim AI using A star pathfinding. I can do it with legacy animations, because with legacy you run an animation and it does not affect how the character moves. That changed with mechanim, which is very nice when controlling a player. But controlling an AI becomes very tricky, because the AI gets unruly when it moves according to the speed variable.

So as a solution I am hoping for a walk animation that does not affect the characters root motion. Would that be possible? Anyone here who can help me find such an animation?

2. angrypenguin

angrypenguin

I'm pretty sure you can zero it out in the animation's import properties.

3. kblood

kblood

I expect so, but I am not familiar with making animations in any way. Maybe someone got a tutorial they can link on how to make mechanim animations? What I am hoping for is if someone might be able to take the current standard mechanim walk animation and zero out the movement, and then make it sharable somehow.

4. kblood

kblood

I figured out a way to do this. Seems disabling root motion was enough to make it work, and then just coding it right.