Search Unity

Mechanim Individual State Syncing

Discussion in 'Editor Workflows' started by Bubsavvy, Sep 8, 2018.

?

Mechanim Individual State Syncing

1. Yea

100.0%
  2. Nay

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Bubsavvy

Bubsavvy

Hello All,

I would just like to talk about the possibility of adding the ability to sync individual states and blend trees on separate layers. For Instance we have an upper and lower body layer that pretty much parallel each other minus certain animations like melee attacks because we want the lower body to continue its normal movement in the blend tree. This causes syncing issues because there is no guarantee that once the upper body returns from melee attack to its blend tree that it will be synced. What I am proposing is rather than forcing an entire layer to sync (currently) with another do it on a state by state basis by perhaps adding a right-click option on any state/blend tree to prep that state to be synced with another state in another layer. I imagine the way the syncing will occur is when returning to the upperbody layer's blendtree state it will take the normalize time or duration of the lower and apply it to the upperbody as in our case. Let me know if this makes sense and if it is a viable feature to be implemented.

Thanks From TrollHouseGames.