Search Unity

1. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity is excited to announce that we will be collaborating with TheXPlace for a summer game jam from June 13 - June 19. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice

Mechanim Animation events

Discussion in 'Documentation' started by Baste, Feb 13, 2015.

1. Baste

Baste

According to the documentation, animation events does not exist in Mechanim.

I have been using animation events in mechanim for, I dunno, more than half a year now? The point is, they've been around for quite a while - from a bit of googling, it seems like they were added in 4.3. Perhaps it's time to remove the faulty bit from the Mechanim FAQ, and add a bit to the manual about mechanim events?

2. Graham-Dunnett

Graham-Dunnett

Administrator

3. Baste

Baste

Right, there's some information about animation events under the Unity 5 docs you linked. And the part about how animation events doesn't exist is removed. Those are not the ones you get to through the front page, nor what you find from the googlez if you look for the Unity manual.

Furthermore, it only contains information about adding events to standalone animations. It doesn't say anywhere how you can add events to animations that's a part of an FBX, through the animations tab of the model inspector. That way of defining events also works slightly differently. It would probably be a nice thing to include, both in the new docs, and in the old ones that I assume is going to be staying around for 4.x customers.