Search Unity

1. Click here to see what's on sale for the "Best of Super Sale" on the Asset Store
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Good news ✨ We have more Unite Now videos available for you to watch on-demand! Come check them out and ask our experts any questions!
    Dismiss Notice

Mechanim 2D issue

Discussion in 'Animation' started by JGrierson, May 8, 2019.

1. JGrierson

JGrierson

I have tried to use Mechanim for animation in my game. This would have greatly simplified our animation schema and the amount and complexity in our code if it had worked. Instead of using tons of generic and unique animations we would have routed all the humanoid animations through Mechanim. The genericizing ability is a claim to fame for Unity, right? Well, it works fine in the purely 3D portions of our game. However, in our game, we are literally 2.75D. The characters and monsters are 3D but the dungeons (environments) are iso top down 2D! The Mechanim animations in our environment have some serious issues! The feet do strange things lick rocking back and forth and we have tried all the known fixes (not many of these). Also the orientation of the charactersin a given animation is often off by as much as 180 degrees. I would like to believe that Unity would want to know about this problem and want to address it. My issue is how do I communicate this very serious failing of Mechanim to Unity? I posted a similar missive to this on some forum a while ago and got no response. However now I can find no trace of that post so I am posting this again.

unityunity