Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Mecanim IK animation problem!

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by snoodleking, Aug 19, 2013.

1. snoodleking

snoodleking

Ok,
    So I've been shifting through the forum posts and unity answers, and I can't find a solution to my problem.

My problem is that my IK legs arn't importing correctly. I've researched some documentation on Root Node, and Apply Root Motion -- to no avail. Maybe I'm not understanding it fully.

What I understand from my research is that I don't want any root motion on. (all the movement is going to be handled through scripts). So, this being said, I set the root node to the master controller, as it has no movement. This didn't work. I tried setting my root to just about everything else, with varying degrees of failure.

Here is my rig's hierarchy (after cleaned of IKs and everything baked).
    $animPROBs.jpg

I've done all the standard stuff to fix rigs (ie, I've baked all the keys, deleted all the IK stuff, imported, re imported, tried without baking keys, tried with LEAVING the IK stuff. I even created a new nurbcurve and parented everything to that). Here is a video with the BEST I got it to look.

[video=youtube_share;R4fG5TiMsp0]http://youtu.be/R4fG5TiMsp0

I'm using a "generic" rig (with mecanim). Is my problem because it's only a set of legs? How should I be approaching this?

Any feedback would be much appreciated.