Search Unity

Mecanim animations on different characters

Discussion in 'Animation' started by giotta, Sep 14, 2017.

1. giotta

giotta

Good morning, I would like someone to explain why the asset store animations, most of the time, do not work on "basic" type ums or other characters (other than those with which the animations have been bought).
    In my specific case, I would like to know why the animations of this model (https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/3d/animations/warrior-animation-17011) do not work correctly on the UMA model of the store.
    Do Mechanim should not serve just this?
    The idea I did was that the skeleton is different (I see no other explanation), I tried to check it and I saw that the name of the bone is totally different in the two characters (can that be the problem?).
    Is there a solution to this? Is it possible to make it from within unity or should I go to maya?

Thanks to those who will help me

2. giotta

giotta

nothing ? xD

3. TonyLi

TonyLi

theANMATOR2b likes this.
  4. giotta

giotta

I thank you immensely for the answer, I have already done the procedure you have indicated, I have tried to look at tutorials or to read in the forum what the problems may be.

Anyway, the animations imported into the UMA model are terrible.

5. TonyLi

TonyLi

With retargeting, were you able to retarget animations with non-UMA skeletons onto a UMA model?

If so, the Asset Store offers some excellent animation libraries to replace subpar animations. I'm particular to Kubold's animsets.

6. Xype

Xype

Unity hasn't been importing models right a lot, check to make sure you have the base models set to biped, if not set them to biped then apply (if you are trying to pull animations out of the root)

Many times you will also have to play with the animation speeds.

7. giotta

giotta